This bunk bed sofa sleeper is a masterpiece of engineering

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2017/10/16/this-bunk-bed-sofa-sleeper-is.html

5 Likes
16 Likes

Proof that even the best engineers can use a good designer.

12 Likes

Brilliant. Also, I’m busy the day you want me to move that into your third floor walk-up.

41 Likes

Was made by a drecorator.

2 Likes

If I ever decide to inflict a tiny home lifestyle on my family, this is an instabuy.

7 Likes

Fixed!

23 Likes

Can it be motorized with a wrist-bracelet remote? Add some body-straps to that thing and I think Mr Weinstein may want a few delivered to his rehab facility.

2 Likes

This is truly the greatest dang thing since cargo pants, mosquito-net-hats, and the Ronco Pocket Fisherman.
Give it to me NOW!!!
(Yes, I even like the green upholstery.)

4 Likes

came for the double-decker couch reference…leaving satisfied.

5 Likes

If there’s one thing that could solve the housing crisis in the sf bay area it’s this. Just think how many tech bros could be slept in a decent size living room in the Richmond!

1 Like

MIchael Bay has a role for this on the next Transformers.

2 Likes

I’d bet it weighs a little less than an F-250.

3 Likes

Watching this gives me an Amtrak sleeper car flashback.:laughing:

5 Likes
1 Like

Dear Mark: If you think that that upholstery is hideous, you have lived an extremely sheltered life. It may be mildly ugly, but it is far, far from the realm of truly hideous sofas.

14 Likes

Wow. Someone got an A+ in their Mechanisms class.

1 Like

Eh…more hospital bed than prison cot.

2 Likes

Italians are quite good with sofas (the text on the wall is in Italian). A Google search for “divano letto a castello” will show you a lot of similar products (or perhaps the original one, since it is patented).

5 Likes

I was going to do that.