This car delivery goes amok when it "drops" a rolling Jaguar onto the street and into a truck

Here’s the story from a thread in reddit:

oh lmao, this is my dads car, no idea how op got the video. (UPDATE: found out it was posted on the companies instagram)

but anyways, this is the first car that my dad had ever had transported in 50 years. was the only convertible manual that we could find in the US at the time, he pretty much bought it right off the spot due to how much of a deal the car was.

fast forward a couple weeks, we were coming back from a trip to florida and just got off the plane when he gets a call that the car was dropped and completely totaled. the driver had no idea how a manual car worked and didnt leave it in gear or have the handbrake on when he attempted to unload them. the car took 2 weeks to be transferred only to be totaled literally on the hill to our house. when we got back, the car looked like it had been completely crushed. the frame was fucked up, scratches everywhere, exhaust destroyed and a bunch of other issues. he tried driving it for like a mile or 2 and the transmission completely shit the bed. still has the car and insurance is being a bitch about it so its taking a while to get it all settled, still incredibly pissed off about the whole thing since it took months to find the car, but you live and you learn. ill get pictures of the damage from him later.

heres the car after the fact, will get more pictures soon but this is what i had at the moment

better video

EDIT: more aftermath pictures

EDIT: I copied it from here if you want to read more: Reddit - Dive into anything

7 Likes

Can’t see the whole car very well, but Dear Dog, it could be. I think I’d be crying rather than gasping if my $100k car got smashed! I’ve only ever seen two in the wild in the US.

@David_Guilbeaul: I am aware of how expensive a GT-R is.

1 Like

Oddly enough I’ve seen several…there was one parked the next block down from me for about a year without moving; snow piled up on it all winter. It was owned by the son of the resident, think he had an out of town job, as they say. Another was owned by an acquaintance; he is a serial car collector, has room for about three cars and always has one or two nice ones, sells, and buys another. His was about a 2010, and he had some engine work done, said it was over 600 hp. A rather staid retired school teacher, BTW. He said people would frequently offer to buy it, at a considerable premium

1 Like

That’s pretty amazing. Are they easier to import into Canada than the US, I wonder?

Frankly, I’ve seen more Lambos and Ferraris around here. And there’s a guy who used to frequent Corner Brewery who owns not one, but two Acura NSXs. There used to be a Delorean floating around town, too.

1 Like

I happened to be at a car show when the GT-R was first sold here; it was crowded at the display . People were waving cash around (figuratively), very eager to “get on the list”. There are a lot of people here (Edmonton) with the cash and the desire to spend it…more exotic cars to see here than anywhere I’ve ever been (although that’s pretty limited :slight_smile: ) . A few are of the “I can afford to buy it, but not maintain it.” variety. My GT-R owning acquaintance also had an NSX- one brand new which he sold soon after buying it, and then a by now vintage one a few years ago for old time’s sake. Yeah, lots of interesting cars here. One day I was standing at a street corner and two 1960ish Lotus Elite type 14 went by one after another.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.