This clip from Hercules in New York shows Arnold Schwarzenegger's growth as an actor

Yup, you’re right. It’s the projection. Same thing about them demonizing “the gays” then finding themselves foot tapping in airport mens room. The hypocrisy goes on and on.

Back to Arnold, it would be great if he would start calling out some of his fellow repubs, even if just in his home state of Calif, such as Nunes from Tulare (who quit, I realize) and McCarthy over in Kern.

7 Likes

Because they are hypocrites.

6 Likes

I wish POC immigrants who have the same determination were welcomed so openly… :frowning_face:

8 Likes

Arnold chews his words wisely.

8 Likes

Perhaps because they’ve first identified actors who 1) are willing to lead under the GOP flag; 2) can be controlled by the GOP; and 3) are deemed likely to win the election they’re up for. (BONUS: A win means the GOP getting to say, “See? Even Hollywood is switching!”)

5 Likes

I kinda feel like Schwarzenegger is the kind of Republican that Republican voters of my parents’ generation think Reagan was. If the GOP were chock full of Arnolds, politics might be halfway tolerable.

8 Likes

The original Total Recall is a movie you quote daily?

5 Likes

I feel like “C’mon, don’t bullshit me” is a generic enough phrase that most people wouldn’t recognize it as a quote from a specific movie anyway. It’s not exactly “Hasta la vista, baby” or “Get to the choppa!!”

5 Likes

I think I don’t say “Get ya ass to Mars” nearly enough.

10 Likes

I used to use “You are one ugly motherfucker!” as my go-to catchphrase but it didn’t seem to help my popularity.

8 Likes

And it’s definitely not “Get your ass to Mars.

I clearly need to start wearing my glasses when online; I totally didn’t see your comment 'til now.

4 Likes

Buzz Aldrin actually used that one a lot in his later years.
MKvHwTg6G4ZQrHU9aMASwm-320-80

Edit: he’s still around so maybe he’s still using that phrase.

11 Likes

Buzz Aldrin continues to be the coolest person to walk the Earth.

8 Likes

Also the coolest person to walk the Moon.

7 Likes

I bet Grimes says it a lot, everyday, all the time :wink:

5 Likes

We really need to pass a law making it okay for him (specifically and only) to punch anyone that is a moon landing denier.

5 Likes

That’s why I like it. It’s really just for my own amusement, not for others.

However, I do apply Arnold’s voice when quoting it. And, the daily usage thing was hyperbole. I do use it quite a lot though.

I’m weird. I own that. Lol

5 Likes

Back in the 90s, I listened to the university radio in Auckland NZ (95 bFM). The morning DJ was an irreverent hoot who went by the name of Mikey Havoc. His interviews were a lot of fun, partly because he talked to everyone like they were his neighbour. For a while, the Prime Minister was a regular call-in.

He was once sked if he’d ever been star-struck or lost for words. “Only one person: Buzz Aldrin. And I would still be lost for words today.”

3 Likes

Yep

(Still not as good as Oblivion)

3 Likes

In the time period, I think it was more of a longing for Rambo (Stallone).

5 Likes