This Cockatoo woke up with a serious case of bird attitude

One of my parents cats (they have 2) likes to knock over cups of water early in the morning off my parents night stand. Like, oh hey… you guys seem reaaaal comfortable and peaceful. Fuck you i’m hungry, get up.

My mom has had to switch to using a water bottle, but on occasion she forgets about it and gets a cup of water and the cat reminds her in the morning.

1 Like

I lolzd…

For sure lol. My cat just gets straight to the point and jumps/runs on me, it’s really obnoxious.

that’s just one cockatoo. every afternoon, every australian gets visited by a flock of about 30 cockatoos, all with mischief in their squawky little hearts.

1 Like

They’re cool critters, but they’re a pain in the arse to live near. :slight_smile:

1 Like

see, it’s just plain old cultural misunderstanding and prejudice when my posts on here get flagged for being inappropriate and violating community standards.
next time you think about flagging one of my posts, just ask yourself, am i saying anything that my australian bird peers would not say? i think you’ll find the answer is “fuck off, ya drongo!”

2 Likes

If you want to experience a Cretaceous soundscape, all reptilian screeching and SKREEEEEE, no need for a time machine, it suffices to visit Canberra and try to sleep in.

We have Kaka here. Just as ear-splitting but smarter. No joke, I have watched one trying to whittle a piece of wood into a lockpick.

1 Like

Isn’t the Kaka a New Zealand bird? There are colonies in Canberra? Can’t wait to see the little fellows. There are silver eyes, an australian bird in NZ. They were blown over in a storm. The Maori term for them is “little visitors”. Cute.

https://twitter.com/yerisred/status/911842080653062145

2 Likes

Probably not. I am not a native of Canberra, and am only reporting a visitor’s experience of the parrot attitudes there. My first and second observations in that comment are not directly connected.

I came here to mention Pebble. I see you all have it covered already :slight_smile:

Rewatching the video, and looking at the comments from said video, it seems that particular bird drops what sounds like a few racial slurs.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.