This cookware system can replace a bunch of kitchen tools in one handy unit

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/12/22/this-cookware-system-can-replace-a-bunch-of-kitchen-tools-in-one-handy-unit.html

Maybe I’ve just been lucky.

8 Likes

I’m curious why you can’t bake bread in it.

2 Likes

It will explode.

Never mix yeasted dough with rectilinear cookware- spectral decay of CO2 molecules at baking temperatures causes the excluded angles to go asymptotic and implode their imaginary cotangents, funneling massive amounts of thermal energy from the dark dimension surrounding planet Nibiru into your cheap, knockoff brand kitchen range.

We see it all the time; must lose a couple thousand people that way every year.

11 Likes

Three Stooges? What, no one remembers Fibber McGee’s closet?

5 Likes

Or bake cupcakes or make pasta. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Announcer: “How often has this happened to you!?”

Well, never. But don’t let that stop you from recreating the ridiculousness of an infomercial in words. Got to make that 300 word SEO minimum somehow.

4 Likes

Indeed. I have a dutch oven that can do everything that set can, more or less, and I managed to get it for less than what the set costs.

4 Likes

What’s the utility of having a hinged lid?

Where does the glass lid go when the other lid is on?

Why would I want that long a handle on a casserole? Will that even fit in an oven?

1 Like

What’s the utility of having a hinged lid?

I’d imagine the rationale is to make the lid seal better, for braises and the like. Why the weight of the lid and the silicone seal isn’t enough, I don’t know. Also, magnetic closure? On a pot?

Where does the glass lid go when the other lid is on?

In the cabinet, next to all your other cookware lids? Because this thing is supposed to somehow replace all those, so there will be plenty of room. :roll_eyes:

Why would I want that long a handle on a casserole? Will that even fit in an oven?

It would probably fit sideways, which means you can’t put anything else on that rack. Someone probably likes not having to reach in with two hands to pick it up, but all I can think of is something shifting and the whole thing tilting sideways. Guess the seal would keep anything from spilling, but still. My main worry with those handles is that I don’t put plastic in my oven. Period.

Overall, largely impractical. And given I use induction, completely useless on the cooktop.

2 Likes

Thank you so much, was about to test it and likely be all explodeded.

3 Likes

Exactly! Including breaking bread without exploding!

2 Likes

No problem.

Big Cookware has been incredibly effective covering up the existential threat posed by HVKUs (highly volatile kitchen utensils) - most people are ignorant of the narrow path they thread between dinner and destruction.

Even the Cucarancho* Salmon Incident has been completely buried and there’s actual footage of that:

fillet o'boom

*I know, you’ve never heard of a town named Cucarancho and you’re pretty sure that if a moderately-sized American city had been wiped off the map in a gout of extradimensional fire you’d know about it… but that’s kind of the point, isn’t it?

11 Likes

h5D9B3CDD

4 Likes

00__X-All-The-Y__FGD135__RAW_phixr (1)

5 Likes

Throw in a turnip twaddler and you’ve got a deal!

3 Likes

Too many kitchen appliances are built to do one singular job.

Isn’t “doing a singular job” a complement?

ETA: a savings of $4 off the regular price. Four lousy bucks?! BBShop has trained me to buy nothing that isn’t at least 97% off.

4 Likes

One close to me is CIA-trained (the other CIA) and has been the personal chef of a notorious warez zillionaire. I hesitate to forward this to them, fearing a nasty reaction, like spiked food.

1 Like

Indeed; I got lucky and managed to get my dutch oven for… significantly less than what Lodge sells them for as it was on the ‘clearance’ table at the local grocery store. The box was beaten all to crap and back, which is why I suspect it was there…

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.