This cowboy's motorcycle has a sidecar for his horse

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/06/15/this-cowboys-motorcycle-has.html

4 Likes

He knows he could just ride the horse, right? Right!?

11 Likes

Idaho, where the horses ride in sidecars, and 25% of children go unvaccinated. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I think they need bigger belt buckles.

4 Likes

Well I take my dog everywhere, so this makes sense to me.

3 Likes

Those are shields, not belt buckles.

3 Likes

That is a VERY patient horse.

9 Likes

Ah, man…I can’t find the pic, but Jeff Foxworthy and Bill Engvall once hosted the Country Music Awards and wore belt buckles made out of silver tea trays.

2 Likes

If he really wants to impress people, the horse should ride the motorcycle and he should ride in the sidecar.

So many questions:

• Does the horse wear goggles when they’re on the road? What about a helmet? Are they both registered as organ donors?
  • Has he trained the horse to lean into the turns?
  • Why is he riding a Yamaha Star Venture? I’m pretty sure you lose beaucoup cowboy points for buying an import.
  • The back of that sidecar is open… I don’t think I’d want to be behind them when Cowboy Clem guns it to pass a tractor.
2 Likes

Way back when, the radio station I used to listen to played a parody of “A Cowboy Needs a Horse.” I know these aren’t the exact lyrics, but they’re as close as Google could find:

And a cowboy needs a fridge
To keep his beer nice and cold
And a cowboy needs a microwave oven with automatic timer
If he wants to keep-a-ridin’ along

And a cowboy needs a quadraphonic sound system with dolby unit
And a cowboy needs a Xerox machine and a blender and a jacuzi
And a cowboy needs a Jeep and a Cadillac and a Ferrari

And a cowboy needs a ranch with a king sized bed
with his gal on it (if you know what I mean)(heh heh)
And a cowboy needs a pool and a helicopter and some stocks
And a cowboy needs some spurs that jingle jangle jingle

And a cowboy needs a cow named Bessy with a big, black spot on the side
And a cowboy needs a whole big brace of quack, quack, quackin’ ducks
And a cowboy needs a GUN!!! k

And a cowboy needs a guitar
And a cowboy needs a cowgirl to doesy-doe with. (get on over here, Andrea)
And a cowboy needs a dog

1 Like

After seeing the headline I was expecting a sidecar mounted to a horse. Oh well.

I recently learned that in my home town of Monrovia the horse-drawn streetcar that went up and down the main road here used to have a little trailer in the back so that the horse could ride it downhill after pulling it up the hill, so horses getting rides on vehicles moving down the street is definitely not a new thing:

9 Likes

Yep, there was a wooden trolley car in what is now Englewood, CO (Denver suburb). They have the original trolley car preserved in the public library with a fake horse (NOT the original) standing on the back of the car. I’ve walked up that hill, and it’ll make you huff & puff.

Link to source

2 Likes

Not a lot of political correlation here:

43%20AM

Damn, now I want a motorcycle AND a horse

2 Likes

Re: motorcycle sidecars

MOTORCYCLE_FUNERALS_contact_294

This is the way to go.

3 Likes

This is great.

without the picture that title is hard to parse

Never has a pard more truly earned the right to wear his cowboy hat

1 Like

You can lead a horse to a sidecar but you can’t make him drink it :tumbler_glass:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.