A cowboy in New Jersey built a ridable e-horse for himself

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/08/30/a-cowboy-in-new-jersey-built-a.html

8 Likes

Westworld is getting real.

10 Likes

Yipee-ki-yay!

I applaud this chap’s spirit; though, I admit, I’m glad I don’t live anywhere close to his turning circle.

5 Likes

He’s a cowboy. On a steel horse he rides.

24 Likes

Just the thing when you have to chase down an escaped mechanical bull.

15 Likes

Meanwhile somewhere in China.

14 Likes

Cool, but he runs the stop sign in the gif

I will show myself out now.

5 Likes

The younger crowd can jump on their PonyCycle. (I recall the same toy decades ago. There’s probably lurking failure mode.)

3 Likes

From a glance it looks like the bouncing action required to make it go is fairly tiring an inefficient and the wheels are small enough to get stuck on bumps and cracks making it unusable in lots of locations.

1 Like

He could bought a Vespa and had pretty much the same experience.

4 Likes

Steering and brakes, stability, tipping, metal fatigue in the sproing… (The kids should have bicycle helmets. The ground doesn’t care what you fell off of.)

Sooner or later, some kid is going to take one to the local Big Hill, and somewhere above 20 mph, discover that was a really bad idea.

2 Likes

A New Jersey cowboy, you say? I think I know what’s going on here. Be on the lookout for workplaces with a surprising number of employees named John.

12 Likes
2 Likes

You know, he looks like he’s having an awesome time. More power to him!

12 Likes

Just like this guy? He adapted a motorcycle engine in his wheelchair and rode the roads like the Ghost Rider or something similar.

5 Likes

Yes, why not. I just don’t get the sneering in the comments. We used to enjoy weird happy mutants doing strange and joyful things for no reason other than the pure fun of it. I guess the trump era is getting to all of us and making us more angry and cynical.

arya-shrug-oh-well

10 Likes

Oh no. I liked the horse guy. I was trying to show you another guy doing a creative, yet dangerous stuff. This guy made a powerful wheelchair and rode the roads of his town. Some day the cops caught him and they were amazed because he had no legs and could create a fine contraption.

Unfortunatelly he somehow broke the law, because he had no driving license, which is funny, as the cops had to agree his wheelchair wasn’t a real car.

The newspaapers and the TV stations ran to interview him and they were amazed with his story too.

Again, I was amazed and happy with the old cowboy, the chinese inventors, the wheelchair daredevil and even my brother, who, created a lot of cool robots when he was a kid with pieces of junk ald discarded motors.

8 Likes

I wasn’t saying you, really. And thanks for the link! Just some of the other comments… well seem more dismissive.

I like the guy from China, too! Awesome work.

Maybe I’m just having a downer of a day!

5 Likes

He looks like he stepped right out of a Jerry Van Amerongen “Neighborhood” comic…

Good for him! That’s one of my goals.

7 Likes

If he’s not-street-legal, does he really have to stop?

What is the sound of one hand clapping?

1 Like