This crying baby video ad from a Thailand mobile phone company has gone deservedly viral

You don’t need them anymore anyway, right? You did your duty to spread your genes. :wink:

I’m waiting for the hack of the commercial where the dude picks up the baby & then it switches to the baby-tossed-out-the-windwo scene from Andy Warhol’s Bad

1 Like

This ad is awful and I am entirely unsure why it made its way to my eyes. If this was a regular ad on TV here it would be in my “auto-mute” category - the category that advertisers hate as it makes me mute all the ads for the rest of the break. What the fuck am I supposed to be sold on here? Video chat - OMG it’s like we’re living in the future!

The Apple “You’re more powerful than you think” spot is pretty fucking cringeworthy, but I’d choose to watch that any day over this junk.

1 Like

You can go to work, woman, if you take care of the cooking and the cleaning and the kids like you always have. I’ll be sitting on my computer and maybe help with putting on a shirt.

Isn’t that basically the fate of all working moms? They’re constantly asked how can they be competent at their job, while being competent as a mother.

2 Likes

Put me in the “hey, pick up your god damned baby you idiot” camp as well. I am obviously missing the cultural context here, but yeah - this is pretty insulting to anybody who has, you know, actually fathered a child.

I was waiting for the baby to try latching on to dad’s breast… it had that look in its eye.

I think what is heartwarming about this ad is that the mom got a break from mothering her child to tend to her even more important task - being a consumer!

I work on training courses where a lot of the products are aimed at a retail market. Although typically the photography we get from marketing will show both men and women in management roles, I have noticed that almost all the shoppers are women. It is very rare to see photography showing a male shopper being helped in a store.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.