This electric toothbrush removes 10 times more plaque than traditional brushes

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/12/30/this-electric-toothbrush-remov.html

I wonder how this 10x performance was measured? Was plaque-revealing dye used, which can’t give a quantitative metric? Independent testing? Independent testing, blind tests, double-blind tests? Or just consumer self-reporting?

I’m not bashing the product, just curious about methods.

8 Likes

A hammer will also remove more plaque than a traditional toothbrush.

9 Likes

Dentures don’t get cavities!

2 Likes

Does it have Bluetooth? Cause my dentist is telling me my toothbrush needs to have Bluetooth.

Honestly I think the naming of Bluetooth was just an ultra-long game ploy by the electric toothbrush manufacturers.

Might get a nasty bout of Thrush though. :grimacing:

1 Like

You seem to be posting more and more ads. Which means I’ll probably be checking your site less and less.

Ten times less?

5 Likes

Thank god for that, I’d hate to have to keep it from getting wet.

2 Likes

Hey, even my 5-year-old knew that 10 times zero equals zero.

1 Like
1 Like

Cadaver teeth, for starters, could be the way to go in terms of a study that can be controlled.

2 Likes

Well, that took a turn.

3 Likes

This reminds me of Darby O’Gill and the Little People where pretty much everyone has horrible teeth (save Sean Connery and his love interest). I’ve never seen the likes before or since.

1 Like

Oblig:

So many of those multi tools that BB advertises aspire to be as useful as XKCD is, and in as many circumstances. They’re not.

1 Like

Do we get replacement brushes at a reasonable price?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.