This Florida man played one of the greatest pranks of all time: He fooled the town into thinking he was a giant bird monster

Originally published at: This Florida man played one of the greatest pranks of all time: He fooled the town into thinking he was a giant bird monster | Boing Boing

2 Likes

That kind of stunt will get you shot these days in Florida.

4 Likes

That species is normally only found in Manhattan.

big-bird

13 Likes

I want to party with that Dude.

7 Likes

now that’s a Florida Man story I can get behind! bravo, Mr. Birdfeet Signorini! well played!
may Carl Hiaason immortalize your prank in his inimitable fashion (if he hasn’t already)

8 Likes

In fairness, the things that will get you shot in Florida is an incredibly long and depressing list.

surprised he didn’t wait to make it a deathbed confession. EDIT: omg, i take it back. i guess he DID : (

1 Like

Needs more Stayin’ Alive!!!

2 Likes

His greatest prank was subsequently convincing people that he wasn’t a big bird monster, but was rather a man named Tony Signorini. Well played, bird.

7 Likes

There are characteristics of people walking in funny shoes that are hard to mask. The spacing between the footprints, for example. The depth of the indentation of the footprint in the sand across the length of the impression says a lot about the weight and stride of the creature that made them. It’s more than a bit surprising that the sciency types of that decade didn’t figure this out… Or even make their own set of big bird shoes to compare against.
Edit: Another “tell” is that the fake bird foot had zero flexibility, being made of lead. Everyone knows that real giant birds have highly flexible feet /s

3 Likes

Here’s a real giant bird with flexible feet.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.