This is a social distancing bicycle

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/04/10/this-is-a-social-distancing-bi.html

3 Likes

Man relabels “tall bike”, calls it social distancing. (These have been a fad among bicycle enthusiasts and makers in some areas for a long time.
Cute though.

7 Likes

And I shall just rain my respiratory particulates upon all ye peons beneath me.

11 Likes

I’m always blown away by what he can get away with doing in the UK. Like all the fireworks and rockets and the pulsejet engine powered bicycles and such. I guess he must have a good relationship with the cops and civil authorities.

2 Likes

Now that’s what I call lateral vertical thinking!

5 Likes

What the fuck are you supposed to do if you hit something and tip over? Just break a leg in hoping it cushions the fall for your head??

5 Likes

I came to say that less eloquently.

What it therefore needs is a snorkel that exhausts inches from the ground.

6 Likes

Also, man makes anti-social device calls it social. This is the two story out house version of social distancing. Droplets drop. Social distancing for him, the exact opposite for everyone below him.

4 Likes

Well, we’re talking about it, which was the goal in the first place.

1 Like

I’d say the goal of any Colin Furze video is clicks for Colin Furze, not any social good.

1 Like

Yeah I’m a bit done with jokes at the moment.

Basically yeah, that’s unfortunately pretty accurate - I’m aware of at least two serious tall bike injury incidents, (involving permanent damage).

Oh, this ties in - just found out successor to the penny farthing was the eerily familiar safety bicycle

6 Likes

I’d think a high wheel/penny farthing would be a lot safer than a “tall bike” because of the higher pivot point of the front whee. Tall bikes seem engineered for catastrophic headers.

3 Likes

My original comment was dismissive. Let’s not drag it down by playing the “no shit” olympics.

1 Like

This is a good first start. He’s separated from all pedestrians by 2 meters. However, he needs 2-meter outriggers on the left and right, in the case that he encounters someone else on a similar social distancing bicycle.

4 Likes

This is a social distancing bicycle also.

riding tall bike “Eureka! I have assured social dist…” another tall bike approaches

1 Like

so, if he had fallen, what would have happened to his noggin?

nothing. he’s wearing a safety tie

4 Likes

Colin Furze is a national human treasure

All these people like “what if he falls” don’t know this guy rode a jet engine powered bicycle at 60mph with nothing but googles, safety tie, and megalomania.

Once you watch this, you’ll get a better idea of this guy

1 Like