This Is Fine

A million times higher than what would normally be approved? Did they mix up Mega and Micro?

7 Likes

And here we go!

3 Likes

… now they’re just trolling us :robot:

5 Likes

That’s such a harsh way to look at it…

Reason it out: even if they replace biomass with petrol-based plastics - both are carbon-based. So, we’re talking organic chemistry. How can that possibly be bad; its inherent goodnes and wholesomeness is right there in the name! In other words, no need to worry, this stuff is basically, like, unicorn poop.

4 Likes

My first thought as well!

Party Soccer GIF by Coca-Cola

7 Likes
2 Likes

… every day is microplastics day

Microplastics found in human heart tissues, both before and after surgical procedures

4 Likes

Gives a whole new meaning to “your plastic friend who’s fun to be with”.

5 Likes
5 Likes

Report: Old Phone Cables Are Contaminating US Soil and Water With Crazy Amounts of Lead

2 Likes

The Contribution across Three Generations of Mercury Exposure to Attempted Suicide among Children and Youth in Grassy Narrows First Nation, Canada: An Intergenerational Analysis

3 Likes
4 Likes

Share and enjoy

3 Likes

I forgot to thank you for your summary.
Ooops!
So: thank you! And sorry to be tardy.

I just finished my second gallop through that Nature paper…

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-023-39810-w

… since I am hiding from the weather right now, and I have a bit of time.

Do you have some long range models (AMOC or meteorological predictions) that you, yourself, are tracking and give some credence to? I am all ears. I should probably dig around in this thread, which you have been diligently posting to (and I have been skipping out of, for months, my bad):

… in case you have already answered this question. But in case you have an answer already, or are willing to answer here… I’d like to know what climate models and long-range sources you’re paying attention to.

3 Likes

It has been a very long time since I did a very little bit of environmental science work, and that was groundwater related. I’m a spectator, at best. I wish I had the time and computing power to at least run some of the IPCC models.

This paper caught my interest because it addresses the idea of a process that explains a statistical outcome, rather skipping that step and just looking at averages and deviations. Not skipping that step powers a lot of my work.

4 Likes
1 Like

And the thing is, Moderna isn’t exactly a blue-collar factory. The manufacturing techs get paid way, way more than typical production workers and the real value engine for the company are the scientists, who are certainly paid very well.

It is simply impossible to justify one person getting paid almost 2500 times more than the median worker in such a company.

10 Likes

$400 million dollars?

8 Likes

6 Likes

240982c6-c620-4829-9e30-4991cbe981e5_text

11 Likes