This Is Fine

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/traveladvisories/worldwide-caution.html

7 Likes

:astonished:

May 2024 has had more tornadoes in the Pittsburgh area than any other May on record, including May 1985, which had a super outbreak on May 31 of that year

6 Likes

(gift link)

Fake Botox?

Brand-name cosmetic Botox, which is used for reducing wrinkles and signs of aging, contains small amounts of botulinum toxin that aren’t harmful when delivered in the right dose. But unapproved products may contain incorrect or even dangerously high doses, unpurified versions of these toxins or possibly none of the drug at all, Mr. Karavetsos said. “It could be anything from saline solution to tap water to a super potent concentration of botulinum toxin A, which could kill you,” he said.

I remember reading about the security (or perhaps security theater) surrounding the one plant that had been permitted to manufacture a germ warfare agent.

And, now dealers are faking it. What’s the world coming to?

6 Likes

made it clear they’ll never suffer a single consequence.

11 Likes

Scratch a Liberal, and a Fascist bleeds.

3 Likes
6 Likes
10 Likes
6 Likes
9 Likes
9 Likes
9 Likes
4 Likes
8 Likes

(Yikes! A lot of content to digest … I mean there’s only so much time in a day!)

3 Likes

12 Likes

AI does seem to be about equally good at great journalism, happy customers, and making money. I guess that counts as a perfect score too?

11 Likes

Adding AI is one thing that would make me much LESS likely to want to buy a subscription. It never leads to a good product, IMO.

12 Likes

… “synergy”

7 Likes

Wow, does that tell a story! Maybe one of the WP’s new AI reporters could write a story about how newspapers make more money during Democratic administrations and that pandering to fascists who hate a free press kills newspapers?

8 Likes

Don’t ask me what a circulation of 110% means

2 Likes