This Is Fine

Just from what’s in it that graph, and some extrapolation:

1. if one household subscribes to the NY Post and the NY Times, that’s two subscriptions.
  2. If a hotel subscribes to a newspaper and delivers it to each of its n rooms, that’s n subscriptions added to the total, and 0 households.
7 Likes

What @catsidhe said, or…birdcage liners.

6 Likes

3 Likes

You don’t need to keep birds in a birdcage to line it with newspapers, but you do have to figure out who is going to shit on the New York Times if you don’t have birds in there.

7 Likes

Bret Stephens? Ross Douthat? They have lots of people to make sure the pages come full of the stuff.

3 Likes
6 Likes
10 Likes
13 Likes

“Between mentally torturing a false confession out of Tom Perez, concealing from him that his father was alive and well, and confining him in the psych ward because they made him suicidal, in my 40 years of suing the police I have never seen that level of deliberate cruelty by the police,” Steering said in a statement.

I get the feeling that lawyer doesn’t read the news very often. We can find too many examples in the BLM and Buttheads topics. What’s worse is that cops seem to put a lot more effort into closing cases by getting confessions (using lies and intimidation) than solving crimes (using evidence and common sense).

10 Likes

Police Misconduct Costs Cities Millions Every Year. But That’s Where The Accountability Ends. | The Marshall Project

9 Likes
8 Likes

Uh Huh Reaction GIF by Originals

6 Likes
7 Likes
8 Likes

12 Likes

despair GIF

6 Likes

“I am pleased to announce a groundbreaking content and product partnership between OpenAI and Sauron, the Lord of Mordor. This collaboration will bring together the cutting-edge AI technology of OpenAI with the dark and powerful resources of Sauron to create innovative solutions for the future. Stay tuned for exciting updates on this transformative partnership that will shape the landscape of technology and AI capabilities. Together, we will unlock new possibilities and redefine the limits of what AI can achieve. The future is bright with this collaboration between OpenAI and Sauron, and we cannot wait to share the incredible advancements that will result from this strategic alliance.”

11 Likes
10 Likes

For all the U.S.ians here:

brutal-conversion

14 Likes

https://www.wsj.com/health/healthcare/you-can-thank-private-equity-for-that-enormous-doctors-bill-3a2fc90b?st=cntqblgpe8bsksq&reflink=desktopwebshare_permalink

15 Likes