This Is Fine

Not new(s) for a lot of us but a bit of a stunner that WSJ is actually publishing that.

Wow.

Now is it gonna be “let’s do fuck all about it bc: profit!” or is it going to ring enough alarm bells to get some positive change?

While I am at it, and for entirely no reason whatsoever that I leave this here /s…

12 Likes

children picking jasmine in Egypt

Hang on, who didn’t know about that? I remember reports about that from … must have been the 90’s. I visited a carpet place in Egypt that had kids at the loom, hand weaving thank goodness. When you combine high inequality and low economic productivity you inevitably (or, evitably but politically blocked) get families making ends meet by whatever means.

6 Likes
11 Likes

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

13 Likes
12 Likes

Even if a fetus were a person, all an abortion is doing is evicting them instead of feeding and homing them at your own expense. The Texas GOP has never cared about that killing anyone, so as always they actually want them to be much more than people, at least of the uterus-having kind. :angry:

11 Likes
8 Likes
7 Likes
9 Likes
3 Likes

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

9 Likes
9 Likes
12 Likes
3 Likes
9 Likes
12 Likes

i am so, so happy to be so far away from that hell-on-earth! 20 of the worst years of my miserable life there.
of course, out of the fire - into the boil… this tropical humidity may poach me instead of barbequing. :person_shrugging:t2:

eta: that’s just me. i do mourn for my unlucky, but good friends who are still stuck there in hell.

10 Likes

Just consider it sous vide!

11 Likes

either way, i’m cooked!
i can say - with some actual knowledge - there is truth in that silly saying about arizona’s temperatures: “yeah. but it’s a dry heat”.

10 Likes
8 Likes