This is the creator of Comic Sans

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/01/19/this-is-the-creator-of-comic-s.html

3 Likes

7 Likes

"

If it is polarizing, the poles are “I hate it” vs "what’s Comic Sans?

21 Likes

“If you didn’t notice (a piece of art), I considered that was bad,” Connare says. “And if you did notice, it was good.”

That doesn’t seem contrite. I want to see contrite.

6 Likes

He looks like the kind of guy who’d create Comic Sans, too.

17 Likes

“If you didn’t notice (a piece of art), I considered that was bad,” Connare says. “And if you did notice, it was good.”

By this standard, standing on a rusty nail is excellent art.

13 Likes

35 Likes

As the creator of Comic Sans you’d think he’d be videoed in complete silhouette with his voice electronically disguised, like a mob informant. If I’d created Comic Sans there’s no way I’d want anyone to identify me in public :open_mouth:

12 Likes

Kudos to this guy for creating something so many froth at the mouth about- if he was a modern artist, Comic Sans would be his “Piss Christ”.

17 Likes

There’s nothing wrong with the typeface Comic Sans, there is only bad usage.

Now take Ariel. That needs to be killed with fire! :fire:

22 Likes

Comic Sans, like all fonts, has a valid use…

Sarcasm.

16 Likes

I think we could probably do without Papyrus and Algerian as well, but that might just be me.

4 Likes

Woah, what do you have against Ariel?

29 Likes

The only valid Sarcasm font is Sarcastica Oblique. (Well, maybe Sarcastica Extra Heavy, too.)

7 Likes

There is nothing wrong with Comic Sans. There is something wrong with the way a lot of people use it.

21 Likes

Yes, and that wrong thing is using it as a typeface.

:smiley:

12 Likes

Yeah. Never used those. They were perhaps over-used in the 80s. But I suppose they serve a purpose.

2 Likes

##FTFY

6 Likes

I hate all caps fonts that were never meant to be used that way

11 Likes

Don’t get me started on Rabbit Ears.

http://www.dafont.com/rabbit-ears.font

The 90s are calling and they want their display font back!

5 Likes