This is the happiest country in the world

10 Likes

I think it’s because Aldi stocks a decent pindasaus.

3 Likes

G E K O L O N I S E E R D

2 Likes
3 Likes

/s

2 Likes

I was also surprised that this past year didn’t cause more shifts. But it kind of makes sense if you think of it in terms of, countries that were providing whatever it is that makes people feel safe and happy* before all this still helped people feel that way through it all.
Or, on the other hand, maybe we have a longer lag-time than a year, and if this keeps going then NZ will rise to the top, as you expected.

*i kind of think “contented” or “higher sense of well-being” would be more accurate. “Happy” has such over-simplified connotations. It’s not like everyone in Finland is walking around grinning like an idiot 24/7.

6 Likes

Oh cool. I know and love Hydraulic Press Channel, but don’t follow them closely. So nifty to see what else they’re doing!

1 Like

This is a (mostly said with love) trope about the Finns among the Swedes. Finns are characterized as “knife-fighting alcoholics”. I always thought the “knife-fighting” part was oddly specific, but it is a genuinely consistent and widespread caricature among the many many Swedes that I used to work with.

7 Likes

Well, the only time I’ve ever seen two drunk guys pull out knives on each other was in Finland so …

3 Likes

My Canadian friend with a Swedish grandfather warned him about the woman he was about to marry - Canadian with a Finnish grandparents on one side: “You have to watch out for Finns - they carry knives, you know…”

I hadn’t checked further into it, brushing it off as a Crazy Racist Grandfather story. Well TIL.

2 Likes

AFAIK finns think swedes are rich, way too happy and Swedish men are sissies and/or gay.

Funny how these effeminate men subjugated and colonized Finland for centuries.

Second biggest party in the Parliament of Finland is the Scum party and they regularly top the polls.

In 2020, a number of members of The Finns party in parliament criticised the Academy of Finland for funding the research of Oula Silvennoinen at the University of Helsinki on The Holocaust, the genocide of the European Jews.

BTW I have a traditional western Finnish (or is it a protestant thing?) view that anything good said about me or my country is something like a personal insult.

4 Likes

In fact I’m pretty sure no one is. That’s maybe the secret to their happiness.

5 Likes

Taiwan, already pretty happy according to this, would probably be even happier without idiots like these misnaming it as “Taiwan Province of China”.

1 Like
1 Like
2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.