After complaints that Finnish PM looked like she was having too much fun at a party, she said she'll take a drug test

Originally published at: After complaints that Finnish PM looked like she was having too much fun at a party, she said she'll take a drug test | Boing Boing

9 Likes

I’m sure the pearl clutching isn’t sexist at all, and would be equally applied to a man. /s

64 Likes

Even if she was using drugs, so what?

27 Likes

She should mostly be offended that they would accuse her of using the amazingly stupid phrase ‘flour gang.’

8 Likes

Absolutely. Like this one male MP who was drunk and forcibly kissed a female colleague. He was severely punished by being elected to the European Parliament

33 Likes

The trouble ain’t that there is too many fools, but that the lightning ain’t distributed right.
Mark Twain

16 Likes

I’m hardly a prude on mind-altering substances, but a country threatened with war probably ought to keep things to a couple of glasses of wine for the time being.

(That said, I’ve drank with a few Finns and you’d be hard pressed to tell whether they’ve had three drinks or thirteen).

10 Likes

To be fair - perhaps it’s just that it’s Finland, and you have to be on drugs to be happy there.

5 Likes

It may be sexist, but it could just as easily be ageism. She’s fairly young… in her 30s?

11 Likes

tenor

25 Likes

She absolutely should not do a drug test. How utterly demeaning.

23 Likes

Why? I can tell you from experience that I’ve seen far worse decisions made drunk than stoned.

7 Likes

I’ve been tested by drugs many times, and I never do very well.

Anything stronger than a kombucha puts me right down.

12 Likes

Moi8Rpr

17 Likes

This seems like quite the endorsement for drugs making people happy by the opposing party.

5 Likes

I’m hardly a prude on mind-altering substances, but a country threatened with war probably ought to keep things to a couple of glasses of wine for the time being.

(That said, I’ve drank with a few Finns and you’d be hard pressed to tell whether they’ve had three drinks or thirteen).

All the Finns I’ve ever met are very stoic and, without a doubt, badasses. Admittedly, small sample size, but still.

4 Likes

To the haters…

megan mullally prude GIF by Will & Grace

14 Likes

She’s singing and dancing—at a party?!?

20 Likes

Person obsessed by the haunting fear that someone, somewhere may be happy, gets all Dave Skylar:

james franco GIF

2 Likes

We’ve seen a lot of videos link from politico partying and this one’s just… relatable? She’s PM and she looks like she’s having a great house party like any of the others I’ve been to. I mean, it’s actually reaffirming that the top official in government looks to party with her friends like any of the rest of us do. Not a single luxury brand callout or status claim in the whole thing.

12 Likes