After complaints that Finnish PM looked like she was having too much fun at a party, she said she'll take a drug test

Waiting to hear a hot take from our Helsinki correspondent @vermes82

4 Likes

…how do I get invited to her parties? They seem like a cool bunch of people.

12 Likes

Run for office?

Meme Reaction GIF by Travis

7 Likes

Marin’s thirty six.

Also, she grew up in a poor working class family, raised by her mom and her lesbian partner. This isn’t directly related to anything, but I think BBers would like to know!

12 Likes

Actually Jauhojengi sounds quite funny.

Here’s a hot take ~1‰ of Finland’s population has died of covid most of them this year and nobody is talking about that… Still better The Sweden in Stockholm County alone has as many covid deaths as all of Finland with half the population.

Masking has ended.

From Google

13 Likes

Really, or is it from some prude’s handbook of drug terms, full of stuff no one has heard of, or ones that might have been briefly used forty years ago?

5 Likes

Google trends didn’t find anything on jauhojengi (flour gang).

Friday’s tabloids both have her on the cover.

Jauhojengi sounds more like a funny name for student bakers then people partying on coke.

11 Likes

They will roux the day!

15 Likes

Wine contains alcohol. Alcohol is a drug. I think you’re describing moderation. All drugs, any drugs, in moderation. Even for the PM of Finland.

Reminds me of all the tsk-tsking when some world-level hockey players or skiers drank from the champagne bottle or smoked cigars. While NHL drink from Lord Stanley cup, usually right there on the ice after everyone gets to carry it for a lap.

6 Likes

Here’s a right wing populist minister dancing on music video that is called acid:

According to the video he said it was “good rock with no synths” Möyhy-Veikot (Dope Dudes) has synth bass and uses other synths. This is so obscure that you can’t find it on Google.

And a pic of Urho Kekkonen playing billiards nude at LA Olympics of 1932:

That guy was on the money when he was the president.

11 Likes
6 Likes
5 Likes

If she was using illegal drugs and was lying about it, she would have to step down. The law applies to all citizens in Finland, even the PM.

“Critics have said the PM should be focused on leading Finland during a cost of living crisis”

Like…24/7? Is she not allowed to relax EVER until the crisis is past?

These critics remind me of the kind of boss who says “you absolutely need to take your paid time off” but will call you nights, weekends, AND during said PTO for trivial BS.

15 Likes

I’ve heard of a president from some country that actually doesn’t drink…

pass me a hundred dollar bill and a mirror stat!

(sorry that’s his son)

2 Likes

Nope SDP (Social Democratic Party of Finland) was lead by a guy called Antti Rinne when they won the election.

2 Likes

All my Swedish friends describe Finns as “drunken knife-fighters” and in response my Finn friends shrug and say, “gotta do something”

15 Likes

Wait, I thought we’d established Finland doesn’t exist?

6 Likes

Of course none of this matters. They did very little to fix the shit the last cabinet did thanks to the centre right and the greens. They won’t win the next election and right wing is going to take us further to neoliberal hellscape.

Finns Party sees an increase in support

In its editorial, Finland’s largest circulation daily Helsingin Sanomat(siirryt toiseen palveluun) discusses the increase in support for the Finns Party and what it might mean for the upcoming parliamentary elections.

According to the paper’s latest voter support poll, 16 percent of respondents would back the party if the elections were held now. This is an increase of 1.3 percentage points since July.

Despite seeing a slight decline in support, the National Coalition Party (NCP) continues to lead the polls. The Centre Party also experienced a small dip in support, while the Social Democrats recorded another slight increase since last month.

The Finns Party’s increased popularity in the polls will likely cause jitters among rivals, according to HS. In the same period before the previous parliamentary elections, support for the Finns was at 15.9 percent (2014) and 7.9 percent (2018) and both years, election results were clearly better than polls, the paper explained.

It is no secret that the party knows how to pick a compelling election theme and make the most of it, HS writes. As other parties have also learned this game, there is a danger that, as the elections approach, all parties will start to sound like angry opposition parties, the editorial concludes.

2023 looks gloomy.

6 Likes

Your post really has that “let all the women who view the BBS know that even if they become a head of state, they will be objectified by random men” vibe, you know.

17 Likes