After complaints that Finnish PM looked like she was having too much fun at a party, she said she'll take a drug test

She’s not going to fuck you, dude, cry harder.

15 Likes

r/Finland is dumpster fire but if you want to know.

“I didn’t have a hangover”
“I haven’t been crawling around or been rowdy”
Under that stuff about her avoiding questions and her kissing some rockstar.

7 Likes
15 Likes

She is the woman that assholes on Reddit make fake catgirl selfies of, isn’t she? Ah, of course that is a thing. Misogyny all the way down

6 Likes
14 Likes

Ok few more things.

Flour gang [jauhojengi] so it seems that nobody calls coke jauho in Finland. A linguist studying Finnish drug slang said he has seen speed called jauho once but most of his sources are from lower socio-economic class and a cop said much the same thing. They might have been saying jallujengi jallu is nickname for a Finnish cut brandy called Jaloviina.

Jallujengi might be a reference to this:

Translation of the lyrics:

Jallu, kossu and beer
Bottoms up! We raise a glass!
It’s clearly a good day, a good day!
So good bye to sober day!

In Finnish clear and sober can be the same word. Wordplay is lost in the translation.

Kossu is short for Koskenkorva.

“Cabinet has a appropriate party” from the biggest newspaper of Finland Helsingin Sanomat.

Based on The Pietists (1898) by Venny Soldan-Brofeldt

9 Likes

Thread:

11 Likes
8 Likes

I really want to live in a country where this is the biggest scandal.

You were, Beau; except it was when that Black president was playing too much golf…

8 Likes

Or wearing :face_with_hand_over_mouth: [gasp] a tan suit!

Movie Reaction GIF

11 Likes

Two progressive leaders; two different media responses. (And no, national differences don’t account for much - in my experience Finns and Australians have a very similar approach to alcohol.)

11 Likes

Kekkonen said in 1973 "hyvästi selvä päivä” (good bye to sober day). Drinking Lapin kulta.

Now jauho means cocaine.

BTW that graffiti isn’t there anymore.

4 Likes

Lapin Kulta tastes awful now. Back in the 90’s before the brewery moved it was much better

3 Likes
3 Likes

Maybe if she was from Australia it’d be OK. And if she was a he.

2 Likes

I think she should consider getting the Mayor of Peterborough to respond to these complaints.

3 Likes
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.