This is the trailer you are looking for... Star Wars: The Last Jedi

ETA: I rechecked their website. Either I am really stupid, or they changed the date since yesterday. I am really sure it said 13.10., and when I say sure I mean like “sending the link to several people lamenting” sure. Oh, my.

FFS, there’s a midnight preview this Friday near me, in the original version (not the bloody German dubbed version). I can’t go, got visitors with two young kids for the weekend. And I will not be able to see the film in cinema this winter, and quite probably even if I could find the opportunity to go to the flics they wouldn’t show the OV anyway.

(Just FTR, currently, BR2049 isn’t shown in OV anywhere near me, which already pissed me off so badly that I actually wrote a pointless mail to the multiplex mothership. The art house cinemas around are so artsy, they couldn’t even think of showing this. They wouldn’t even get the license.)

ETA2: one of the fellow beings I sent the link to got back to me. Checked the link yesterday, and it definetly said 13th of October. Would just have been to good to be true, it seems.

1 Like

Spoiler, Phasma is like honey badger–she don’t care. https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/books/556965/phasma-star-wars-by-delilah-s-dawson/9781524796310/

2 Likes

Watch out for those seagulls! Don’t stroll on that beach!

5 Likes

“Yeah, officer, its just a laundry room down there. There’s no need for you to go and search it…”

@Brainspore > No way Brienne of Tarth would have flipped like that just because someone put a blaster to her head.

Darn, now I’m shipping Phama/Chewie.

tenor

2 Likes

The TRAITOR stick is back!!!
TRAITOR STICK on TRAITOR STICK battle!!!
Traitor stick

2 Likes

Just FTR, if you ever go to Skellig Michael, DO bring proper clothing. Including boots going over your ankle. And try not to die, but especially not to kill anyone. Under no circumstances go off the path. Seriously, when I see what tourists are doing there, I get really, really angry.

And DO watch out for the seagulls, and other birds. There’s one of the largest breeding colonies of the northern gannet on the island. And the puffins are just adorable in spring. Such a great sight.

4 Likes

While that’s not only great advice, and I share your passionate rejoinder against defiling the beauty of the landscape of Skellig Michael (seriously, people are stupid), just in case there was any confusion, my reference was to this: https://youtu.be/U9t-slLl30E.

2 Likes

I don’t know why, but this left me a little bored.

2 Likes

I think Rey’s going to flip, and it’ll be Luke’s fault.

That’s a nice lipsync, but a terrible soundtrack. :smiley:
Thanks for sharing, hadn’t seen that one before.

1 Like

It’d show Luke is a true Jedi if it were the case. Given the prequels, it looks like noticing the potential danger of Jedi in training, but utterly failing to do anything effective or meaningful about it is their specialty.

5 Likes

IKR More a Mexican soap opera in space than anything. Yawn.

2 Likes

Han Solo has been replaced by a hamster?! Is Kia in on this? Why didn’t Disney go all the way and make Mickey Mouse the co-pilot?

4 Likes

Yes. Ditto.

Weeellllll -the whole place blew up. She probably got away scot free. No one knows what she did. They can’t review the video, or even look at the computer system to see how they gained access. Sorta like the building fire at the end of Office Space.

1 Like

Took Rian Johnson’s advice and decided not to watch it. I already know I’m going to go see it so I might as well go in as fresh as possible.

2 Likes

I was waiting for this to come on last night, but I got sidetracked and forgot. Early this morning, I was having a dream that I was driving somewhere when the Star Wars theme started playing slowly on my car radio. Woke me right up.

And then I watched it and cried, because Williams’ score does that to me every time. And also I miss Carrie Fisher.

6 Likes

Not anymore, thanx a lot…

Sweet FSM, I do hope this trailer isn’t as spoilery as it appears to be.

(Squeeing like a five year old girl who just got a unicorn for her birthday) Ahem…

Hey, how many of you are old enough to remember seeing the television trailers for the original A New Hope? I feel like I did then… except much, much older. And less confused. I mean, it WAS Episode IV, which left me wondering how I’d missed Episodes I through III. Of course, now that I saw those three episodes, I get why they didn’t market them as heavily…

2 Likes

I don’t know if I do remember seeing trailers for it. I was only 4, so the memories are blurred together. I don’t know what’s a memory of a trailer and what’s one of my memories of seeing the movie. It wasn’t “Episode IV: A New Hope” until … 1980, I think?, though.

I’m pretty sure I saw it at least twice in the theater; once as a double feature with Close Encounters of the Third Kind, possibly at a drive-in. I do remember that I never saw the ending until it aired on TV later. I guess I must have fallen asleep right after the Death Star blew, because I had no memory of the Award Ceremony at the end.

1 Like