This is the way to sell bananas - a pack with a spectrum of ripeness levels

Banana Ripener. It’s an actual job.

3 Likes

Eating a green banana gives you tummy ache - my mum told me!
There is no such thing as a “too yellow” banana. You are - respectfully - a heathen. :wink:

3 Likes

The trouble with you people is that you don’t understand innovation. This advance in banana packaging (a “banancement” in the technical argot) gets an A for honorAble mention, and an F for F*ck you For not going Far enuFF.

I want my bananas equipped with nano-ripeness sensors because ripeness is all and everything nano is good. I want them connected to the motherfcking IoT, and I want them to send me goddam txt alerts when they reach peak fcking edibility. I want all my banana data to go into a poorly secured cloud database of worldwide banana data, and I want an app that tracks the GPS position of all my bananaphagic activity.

We deserve better. NO MORE F*CKING SUBPAR BANANAS!!

6 Likes

Needs more blockchain.

Also drone delivery of the nearest, ripest banana on demand.

$$$$$$$

9 Likes

And an embedded chip so the supplier can monitor the reactions.

6 Likes

I sometimes lose one when unloading the groceries in the dark. A car ripens bananas almost instantaneously. I don’t think it’s a case of the ethylene getting trapped in the car, because my car is so old it’s getting drafty around the seams. Other ‘Commuter Fruit’ (for eating at red lights) ripens at a normal pace.

A banana stored in the fridge winds up with a black peel, but the innards stay preserved at the same stage of ripeness for quite a while.

3 Likes

I’m filing the 501c3* paperwork during lunch for 'NanaNanny Inc., a new company that will use nanotechnology and the IoT to improve the end user experience of banana related transactions. The drones and the blockchain you mentioned, those are bold ideas. If you’ve got more where those came from, I want you for my Chief Innovation Officer.

@Fred_Cairns, how would you feel about becoming our Director of Consumer Experiences?

*fricken’ right it’s a non-profit; this is about providing top quality banana to EVERY. DAMN. BODY. Top quality banana should be a right, not a privelege.

4 Likes

Or… something made from the fibres in a banana leaf?

1 Like

This is an example of the kind of low profile, pragmatic Korean ingenuity I have come to appreciate. Like cutting up kimchi, noodles or cooked meat with scissors. It just makes sense, but I had never seen anyone actually do it until I went there.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.