This is the world's first synthetic embryo complete with beating heart and brain beginning—no sperm or egg required

Originally published at: This is the world's first synthetic embryo complete with beating heart and brain beginning—no sperm or egg required | Boing Boing

3 Likes

These scientists’ve really gone above and beyond.

7 Likes

Will these count as full mice in Georgia?

20 Likes

I knew this would happen eventually, and I keep thinking about it relative to the anti-abortion argument that an embryo is a “potential human being.” Well sure, but so is a skin cell.

11 Likes

Need to know for tax purposes?

11 Likes

Also; it was a crime that it was canceled.

8 Likes

Indeed, we’ll never find out what was the deal with the Chigs.

6 Likes

And did everybody but two characters actually die at the end.

5 Likes

Obligs.
jurassic park film GIF

10 Likes

So when is China going to follow up this study with a human embryo?

1 Like

Or, when are they going to admit they’ve done so?

5 Likes

Will this count as immaculate conception for theological purposes?

3 Likes

Yes, when the ‘process’ is practically applied for medical purposes, in which case it’ll be counted as billable.

1 Like

That is basically a replicant.
I am all for science, yay science, Olé Olé Super-Science, but I feel they go a leeettle to far here.

3 Likes

If we get ahead of this and proactively recognize the rights of persons created from scratch we’ll remove the incentive to try to grow slaves and sentient organ donors. Not likely we’ll manage to get that farsighted all of the sudden, but this would work in principal.

2 Likes

1 Like

giphy (3)

3 Likes

You want to go to the island.

1 Like

How fitting that watching the trailer completely serves as a replacement for watching the film. It is like the trailer makers have never heard of spoilers :laughing:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.