This is the worst place to attach ballot drop-off location sign

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/10/15/this-is-the-worst-place-to-attach-ballot-drop-off-location-sign.html

6 Likes

Or the best and most appropriate place for GOP voters to drop off their ballots.

10 Likes

Whoever taped this direction sign to a ballot box-shaped trash receptacle didn’t think things through.

i’ve thought it through and i’d think if whoever taped this direction sign is a republican political operative then they’ve thought this through, (and are being paid for that thought)

14 Likes

My first thought, too, but I think an incompetent lack of attention to how humans process signs is enough regardless.

3 Likes

I think Hanlon’s Razor needs updating this year:

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity, unless it’s 2020 and there’s a possibility Republicans are involved, in which case rest assured that both malice and stupidity are Inevitable.

25 Likes

Fair enough, I agree at this point we have more than enough data to assume malice is part of what’s going on. What I don’t have is evidence that the placement of the sign was decided by a Republican.

If it will eliminate voting by the totally incompetent, I can’t really see a downside.

3 Likes

That’s child’s play.here in LA area the GOP has set up fake ballot drop boxes with no accountability of what happens to the ballots. Yes this constitutes election fraud, no, no one will get punished.

14 Likes

This is the worst place to attach ballot drop-off location sign

This is the most honest place to attach ballot drop-off location sign.

1 Like

But it won’t just do that. It will reduce voting by the incompetent among those voting by dropping off a ballot in a drop-off box, not in person, and the population doing that skews democratic. It will also only do it locally, in a part of the state that skews heavily democratic.

Whoever taped this direction sign to a ballot box-shaped trash receptacle didn’t think things through.

Or maybe they did?

(I see I am not the first to think along these lines.)

3 Likes

If there’s one thing we’ve learnt from a certain low bridge, it’s that when anyone misinterprets a sign it’s purely their own fault :wink:

6 Likes

This might backfire badly: only a certified trumper could mistake a shoe rack for a ballot box.

2 Likes

These are both in L.A. County.

I would tape cardboard over each receptacle window of the trash bin and re-write the arrow on the cardboard over the sign, and “not a ballot box” on all the other sides.

1 Like

5 Likes

Down here in the OC as well…

And nobody will be brought up on charges.

VIZ magazine had a tip once: “Avoid hiring unlucky people by simply throwing away, unread, half of the applications you receive.”

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.