This mornings tweet: Obama wiretapped Trump tower

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/03/02/518200840/turkeys-circling-a-dead-cat-are-probably-wary-not-working-dark-magic

10 Likes

ā€¦and the predictable attack on Schwarzenegger.

So Presidential!

9 Likes

cuckoo-clock-sound.mp3

4 Likes
10 Likes

Aha! Thankā€™ee!
And yes, Iā€™ve seen ā€˜preyā€™ animals behave like that against predators.

(The power of collective action, eh?)

4 Likes

ā€œThis is McCarthyismā€

13 Likes

Hang on, does Trump think Obama is still President?

10 Likes

You always are supposed to address former presidents as President. Heā€™s actually following protocol (shocking, I know).

But wtfā€¦ either these are completely baseless accusations or he is airing national secrets on Twitter. Iā€™m honestly not sure which of those two outcomes is worse.

10 Likes
22 Likes

He didnā€™t salute the troops, he put his hand on his non-heart side, heā€™s a seekret mooslam. Heā€™s kenyan. Heā€™s the natichrist.

God. Fucking. DAMNIT. Heā€™s been out of office for over a month now. I really donā€™t like how these people have been acting for the past eight years.

7 Likes

Fair enough. It always seems to be ā€˜former presidentā€™ over here.

2 Likes

Yeah itā€™s kind of weird. Once youā€™re president, youā€™re always addressed as president.

If the president needed emergency surgery and the 25th amendment was invoked and you were next in the line of succession but you only served for 2 days, youā€™re now and forevermore ā€œpresidentā€, too.

4 Likes
13 Likes

So of course we await the hard evidence of this charge now. Because this is a very serious claim that the president has made. He wouldnā€™t just read a National Enquirer story, and parrot to the whole world what they write as if it was factual. Would he?

I mean, heā€™s so concerned about how the press makes up stories, and how they make up sources, that thereā€™s certainly no way he would just throw such a serious charge out without having hard evidence with credible sources to substantiate his claims. Would he?

To answer my own question: He would. He has - and will again.

11 Likes

Seems to me there are only a handful of ways Trump could have come by this information and any one of them would be both damaging and revealing for different reasons:

1. He learned it during the course of a classified intelligence briefing. This would make the claim credible, but would raise the obvious question of ā€œwhat evidence did a Federal judge see which was deemed probable cause to authorize a wiretap?ā€
  2. He made it up. Par for the course but hardly good for his image.
  3. He heard about it from some unsubstantiated news report. You know, like that terror attack in Sweden.
  4. He got a heads-up about it from the Kremlin. ā€œYou know that phone call we had back in November? Our spies tell us your spies might have been listening in.ā€
23 Likes

President Dick Cheneyā€¦ :scream:

Still better than President Trump though.

11 Likes

Hussein? Not me!

1 Like

My guess? 2) he made it up.

3 Likes

I thought that was Grindr.

1 Like

Well, itā€™s an honourific that they all retain.

Now, whether the big T knows that is another matter.

2 Likes