This optical illusion area rug will shred your room's space-time continuum (it won't)

Originally published at: This optical illusion area rug will shred your room's space-time continuum (it won't) | Boing Boing

In my house it would be covered with cat hair so quickly that the illusion would be forever ruined.

8 Likes

My first thought was “whoa, cool!”, and pretty cheap – maybe the BB store has something interesting…

Then i checked details…

2 feet round (or square?), is tiny, and a brief check on Amazon shows that very (VERY) few people are happy with it. I think I’ll pass. Nice idea though.

8 Likes

Oh god, not this thing. I had so many spam emails that somehow got through the filter for this crappy thing. No thanks.

3 Likes

I thought about doing a very simplified version of something like this paint job on the floor:

The rug would only work if you were looking at it from the right angle, but something like this would (I think) look cool from all angles…

8 Likes

Obligs…

2 Likes

crap like this is why god made Wish.com.

It’s no good if it ain’t an Acme!

8 Likes

We got rolled by this one (though a facebook link). Very disappointed with the resulting product. We use it just outside of the cat’s litter-box now.

5 Likes

giphy

8 Likes

Got one from a relative. The fur balls refuse to sit in the middle of it.

9 Likes

Probably a good idea to attach a line to the Roomba first.

4 Likes

That design would need more of a Hellmouth vibe before I’d buy one.

5 Likes

Shame. I was all set to take back everything bad I ever said about the BoingBoing store

3 Likes

Forget it, Jake - it's the boingboingshop

9 Likes

Plus, the 2 illustrations of the product are very different; one has shading, one is uses only black/white.

2 Likes

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.