You can have The Shining carpet for your own home

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/07/25/you-can-have-the-shining-carpe.html

6 Likes

Please let me know when this is on sale in the Boing Boing store. I can’t swing 3 grand right now.

7 Likes

Warning: if you’re into design or film or both be prepared to fall into a clickhole lasting at least an hour on that site. Happened to me the other day.

3 Likes

3 grand? In the bit above it says $375…
You’re in!!

Does it come with menacing psychic visions of two creepy little girls?

3 Likes

Dear god I hope so. There’s a few folks I’d be happy to pony up the US$375 for… it’s a GIFT! For YOU!

1 Like

No.

The 240cm x 170cm rug costs $3275

1 Like

Damn typos. Now there’s a bunch of people who are off my xmas list again…

ETA - please tell me it just got fixed in the OP, and that I did NOT read it repeatedly as $375…

If you find a cheaper version, can I be on your annual gift giving list?

2 Likes

Damn skippy!

I love The Shining, but that is one hideous rug.

1 Like

Guest: I can’t put my finger on it, but for some reason your rug has me on edge.

Host: Nonsense. You need to relax. Have a seat. Can I get you a beverage? Perhaps some… red rum?

1 Like

How is it they didn’t price this at $3237?

1 Like

No, thank you. I do like The Shining, but I don’t want to live in the Overlook to any degree.

The first time I saw The Shining, it was on 16mm reel to reel. I was 12 years old, and the bathroom scene where the woman turns into the old lady rotting in the bathtub haunted me for weeks. Our bathtub looked very similar to the one in the movie, and I didn’t want to use the bathroom for like three days.

Plus, I got murdered by two little girls in blue dresses, but I’m all better now.

2 Likes

Quite expensive, but it really ties the room together.

4 Likes

It could be pretty hard to avoid stepping on the lava on that carpet. I think that the orange parts would be the only safe place to walk on it.

the%20shining%20lava%20carpet

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.