This #PEANUTSBBQ t-shirt shows Marcie of 'The Peanuts' gang as the BBQ snitch

Yep. But memes aren’t known for quality - its novelty and timing that counts.

Also, there are plenty of nice quiet people who are racists.

1 Like

Again, this was printed on a tee-shirt, one that costs 26 freakin’ bucks.

For that much, I expect some higher level of quality; not just an obvious lazy rip-off, capitalizing on the ‘cause of the moment.’

10 Likes

The whole “racist lady” meme is super popular right now, and people are trying to capitalize on it :confused: Quick low brow rip offs are a good way to make a quick buck. Like those rip off Bart Simpson tees back in the day.

It’s tacky and IMO crap.

8 Likes

I concur.

4 Likes

Horrorific.

2 Likes

WHAT!
F*ck you Boing Boing (or whoever created this shirt).
Marcie’s too cool to snitch on a BBQ.
Lucy, on the other hand, she’d call in a SWAT team.
Do not trust that girl with anything, especially a football!

2 Likes

Marcie is a harmless enemy to make. She will forgive and move on.

Piss off a Lucy and the flying monkeys will pull your football away for a long long time to come!

2 Likes

I’m generally with Cory on copyfight, but methinks it would be appropriate to make the Schultz estate or United Features Syndicate aware of this product.

2 Likes

This is the Peanuts equivalent of the stupid “Calvin peeing” car meme

Also the equivalent of the stupid new “No Sesame all street” fake muppets movie.

1 Like

Yep.

That remains to be seen. Wonder Showzen and Avenue Q are both similar and were great. It may be crap, it may be pretty good.

Agree with the “Calvin sticker” comparison because in that case someone just took a scan of Bill Watterson’s artwork showing Calvin filling a water balloon and made some minor, low-skilled tweaks to make it look like he was peeing.

Disagree with the Happytime Murders comparison because even if that movie turns out to be terrible you can’t deny that someone still had to actually put forward a non-trivial amount of effort to make it.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.