Watch how Jen Psaki turns Ted Cruz's "Peppermint Patty" dis into a wonderful compliment

Originally published at: Watch how Jen Psaki turns Ted Cruz's "Peppermint Patty" dis into a wonderful compliment | Boing Boing

9 Likes

That’s a rich attempt of an insult, coming as it does from a sweaty and greasy booger-eater who makes Pigpen look clean.

47 Likes

I was trying to think which Peanuts character Ted Cruz could be compared to but frankly that doesn’t work because they are all too likable. Even Lucy, and she regularly practices psychiatry without a license.

What a blockhead.

36 Likes

17 Likes

Well, whenever he is talking I just hear the Peanuts adult sounds

28 Likes

The kite-eating tree is probably the closest, but yeah, still too likable. At least it produces oxygen and provides shade.

19 Likes

The kite-eating tree.

(Even that is a stretch)

4 Likes

Peppermint Patty was always a favorite of mine. She had a kind of free-spirit stoner vibe that was very likable.

27 Likes

Fixed that for her.

2 Likes

I’m not understanding how this insult was supposed to work. Is there something about Peppermint Patty that’s negative?

22 Likes

These guys never attack somebody they don’t see as some kind of threat.
But Cruz is bad even at insults. That guy really can’t do anything.

16 Likes

She’s a lesbian

(In their minds)

14 Likes

You have to get down on a second grader’s level. When someone could call you Bed Head Ted and it would make you cry.

Mine was being called a cartoon character’s name.

7 Likes

That’s what I thought, but that’s not really an insult. It’s the kind of attempt at an insult that makes you look like a complete asshole.

Oh, yeah, this is Ted Cruz, never mind.

21 Likes

agencylife advertisement GIF by MX Player

9 Likes

Shit, hadn’t even thought of that. But, yes, that’s the kind of thing these guys would see as an insult.
Wasn’t Marcie always calling her “sir,” too?

ETA: Abbott scooped me! Jinx.

15 Likes

What kind of elected official delights in name calling, and what kind of reporter thinks it’s newsworthy?

9 Likes

Yup. I’d bet they attack Sesame Street by bringing up Bert and Ernie, too. Just childish schoolyard taunts again.

11 Likes

:eyes: I guess you’ve missed a decade’s worth of GOP/GQP news coverage!

15 Likes

They can’t even do that right. They went after Big Bird (who, I guess, is too big to fit into the big tent?)

6 Likes