This razor may only have one blade, but at least it has a built-in whistle

Originally published at: This razor may only have one blade, but at least it has a built-in whistle | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Want the worst shave known to humankind, use a disposable razor, what sadist invented these…

6 Likes

The whistle must be an A note then, since the B has a double-sharp.

Disclaimer: I am not a music person so I might’ve screwed up that joke

14 Likes

That was a close shave :razor:

11 Likes

Clean as a whistle.

11 Likes

There is a Brazilian joke in there somewhere.

9 Likes

One blade (at least, on a safety razor) just isn’t enough. Now we’ve gone too far and made ones with too many blades, so the narrow spaces between them get clogged with hair to the point of uselessness after only a couple shaves. IMO, the ideal number is around 4-5 blades. Thank you for attending my TED talk.

6 Likes

Razors peaked with the invention of safety razors and disposable razor blades. Everything since then has been either fine-tuning the aesthetics, or reinventing the wheel in worse and more expensive ways, because it’s easier to make money selling proprietary razors that take proprietary cartridges with 2d6 blades each.

I’m joking, but I’m also 100% serious.

9 Likes

Went to a catholic high school in late 90s. No facial hair allowed (besides a 5 o’clock shadow). Woe unto the poor lad who got sent to the bathroom to shave with one of these.

Coolda sworn I had a clotting disorder after using one of those damn bics.

1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfyeWFuglKE&t=3m53s

3 Likes

Several years ago I got tired of shaving and grew a short beard that was easy to keep trim.

When covid went crazy last fall I shaved it off so my N95 mask fit as good as it could. I started shaving again every few days.

I don’t have any problem with cheap disposables, they last many shaves and I never draw blood which is good because with the meds I’m on the smallest cut can look like a crime scene.

I hate the razors with 42 blades, too complicated. Two or three is plenty.

I have my grandpa’s straight blade, it’s extremely sharp and it scares me so it just sits in the drawer.

2 Likes
4 Likes

These ones specifically. My Mom bought a bunch of these back in the day, and when I went to college, and was packing supplies from the “pantry” of toiletries purchased for almost nothing through couponing, I thought “Wow! A shit ton of razors. Anyone mind if I take these?”. Nobody did.

Found out later that was because you end up looking like you fought with a bunch of cats if you use these things to shave.

4 Likes

I remember seeing that commercial when I was a little kid and thinking “Is that guy wearing women’s makeup?”

You wanna know how we got here? People like you!

/s

5 Likes

I’m sure there is a Brazilian jokes in there if you look hard enough, but I can’t be bothered to count that high.

4 Likes

Those specific ones are terrible, but the Schick Quattro 4 disposable is incredibly inexpensive in my area (like 3 dollars for 3 or 4). Clean out easily (the gap between blades is the best I have ever encountered) and last ages (I’m currently on month 5 with my current one).

The early hollow plastic with the tightly sandwiched dual blade architecture is as comfortable as trying to shave with strips of slightly used duct tape.

1 Like

Great skit. Back when the idea that you needed three blades was ludicrous.

2 Likes

Still waiting…