This real dummy tried to sneak into the carpool lane

Originally published at: This real dummy tried to sneak into the carpool lane | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Somehow I am confused. Is this supposed to be two dummies, and one of them got a ticket?

3 Likes

“Something didn’t look right,”

What Could It Be GIFs | Tenor

1 Like

pilot airplane GIF

9 Likes

This story reminds me of the 2nd best reason to be retired, no more commute. The 1st is sleeping in.

1 Like

Add a spring to the neck for verisimilitude.

Bobble Bobblehead GIF by Rhett and Link

(I’ve been wanting to use that word all day, ever since finding a nice little spring on the storage shelf.)

5 Likes

People try this pretty often, but it’s a waste. Enforcement of carpool lanes is really poor in LA anyway. You see cars in the lane with one person in them all the time. Especially Teslas with no stickers because they feel entitled to use the lane but don’t feel they should have to fill out the paperwork and put the stickers on their car. I used to count the violating Teslas in the carpool lane on the way to work every morning. It was always at least three. I never once saw a Leaf or Bolt with no stickers on it.

People also count their kids and babies towards carpool headcount, which is ridiculous because that isn’t taking any cars off the road. That’s technically legal, since it falls under the heading of “you have to write laws in a way that is simple enough to enforce” but it’s still annoying.

5 Likes

Dummies are an essential part of the motoring experience.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.