This remodeled house rotates so fast, it's comical

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2021/10/11/this-remodeled-house-rotates-so-fast-its-comical.html

6 Likes

Keaton did it first.

30 Likes

That’s one of those complaints that would never even occur for most people to make.

21 Likes

All that kept going through my head while watching the video was this:

9 Likes

#she's a good girl from N?

42 Likes

The sound of the creaking frame in the final few seconds is telltale. I doubt the internals of that house are balanced and braced enough to avoid eventually working the nails loose and it’s all gonna flop apart. Then the view will be completely unimpeded, apart from the emergency vehicles.

13 Likes
10 Likes

Now if it were spinning fast enough to be conical, that Would be interesting, from either a construction-design or physics point of view.

10 Likes

It’s a typical theme in sci-fi movies, though. Homes with an entire wall of virtual windows and occupants changing the scene to suit their mood just uses different tech solutions depending on the age of the film. With the benefit of high speed Internet and a large TV, people with means can stream, cast, or use a projector to achieve a similar result, but without those things the options for change are limited.

7 Likes

That article failed to answer my main question: how do they manage the plumbing for water and sewer lines?

The house in this video did not appear to include any plumbing vents in the roof so maybe they just make do with an outhouse.

13 Likes

Our high school shop teacher got us an up close and personal look see of this house in Novato, Ca. It was really fun time, and the caretaker was a real character replete with self made one man comedy sketches & jokes regarding the home in question.

9 Likes

By which point, all the furniture has slide against the outside walls and you have to climb over stuff* to see out the window.

• or out from under stuff
7 Likes

Neat. Looks like the inspiration for this wind turbine at Fillmore’s place in Cars Land:

3 Likes

https://www.drehhaus.de/en/home.php

3 Likes

That’s Baba Yaga’s house!

8 Likes

“No, I asked for flying buttresses. That’s not it.”

5 Likes

I can’t help but wonder if the real inspiration for this Bosnian engineering wasn’t to protect the residents from the swarms of killer crows (they have eyes ya know)
shooting schitts creek GIF by CBC

5 Likes
3 Likes

But later… when the spinning stops…

18 Likes

Yes, it is indeed! As soon as I saw the video, I thought “Needs more chicken legs.”

6 Likes