This roll of 3M electrical tape is supercheap on Amazon right now

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/07/22/this-roll-of-3m-electrical-tap.html

2 Likes

Oh, cool!

More plastic crap I don’t need, which is super cheap because the societal and environmental costs have been externalised!

#winning
#thanksbb

4 Likes

Do you have an environmentally-friendly way of insulating wires?

3 Likes

Is this a forum for electricians?

(and yes, I did note that you avoided the externalisation)

1 Like

$1.25? I think that’s what I paid for my roll [life time supply] in 1969.

4 Likes

WTF, since when are we so obsessed with DEALS DEALS DEALS that we need a bulletin on the latest low cost opportunity for a roll of fucking tape.

When will we see a headline that reads: Great new deal on saving your local mom & pop hardware store, all items are 100% satisfying b/c you’re getting off your butt and walking, supporting a local business in great need of your support, and you’re not funding another Jeff Bezos vanity space project. This deal NEVER expires!

8 Likes

I think a roll that’s six inches across cost that in 1969…
I find those big rolls in old toolboxes sometimes.
They’re usually fine.

3 Likes

Clearly not, because if it were, everyone would be pointing out that if it’s not Scotch Super 33+, it’s crap electrical tape.

9 Likes

And you can buy 10 rolls for .69 ea at Home Depot .

4 Likes

Beaver spit?

2 Likes

What in my life isn’t held together by duct tape is held together by electrical tape.electric%20tape

3 Likes

Discarded snake skins.

3 Likes

A Harbor Freight Caveat Emptor special: 10 Rolls for .60 each

https://www.harborfreight.com/34-in-x-60-ft-industrial-grade-electrical-tape-10-pk-63312.html

1 Like

One does not buy electrical tape from Amazon, one buys electrical tape from one’s local hardware store.

4 Likes

That, and don’t buy black. White 35 is better because you can write on it.

6 Likes

It’s not Scotch Super 33+, it’s crap electrical tape.

5 Likes

Cool. Is there still striking workers? Have they started to pay anyone a living wage? Have they stoppes trying to circumvent labor laws by using the “gig economy” as a legal safe haven to do so?!

3 Likes

What are the odds that’s actually 3M and not a knock off?

I’d reckon halfway between slim and nil.

4 Likes

You get a like, and you get a like, and you get a like, and everybody gets a like!

3 Likes

When Amazon is placing a lien on your soul for two cents a pop.

1 Like