This Sakura Micron pen set is great for drawing and writing

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/08/24/this-sakura-micron-pen-set-is.html

5 Likes

I use them to paint the windows on my 1/700 model ships.

13 Likes

Agreed - the pens are great for fine ink work; however there is a difference between the pens, and the graphic markers by the same company:

8 Likes

That’s a tiny ship! What do you use them for? Are they just for show, or are they miniatures for a naval wargame?

3 Likes

It’s for show. It is way too delicate for anything else. I bring it to the area IPMS contests.

4 Likes

I know guys who use them for fine line work on their warhammer 40k armies.
I keep meaning to try it but seem to do okay wiht just good brushes with a good tip.

3 Likes

These and Staedtler pigment liners have been my go to writing implements for the last 26 years. They pass the left handed test.

5 Likes

are the colored microns as well regarded as the ones with black ink?

3 Likes

i use 'em and think they’re all great - black and colours, both great - i carry these things with me everywhere

5 Likes

STOP IT!!! I’ve got enough pens ALREADY!!! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

5 Likes

I use them a lot, Staedtler pigment liner are cool too (I think they last a bit longer)

Here is a piece I inked with a 0.2 (or maybe 0.3 ?)

8 Likes

I don’t much use these pens (costly!) but I did recently pick up the Pigma Brush pen depicted!

3 Likes

Aaaand followed.

2 Likes

I love that these are still available. They are essentially unchanged from when I worked in the art supply section of the college bookstore 30 years ago.

These were 90% as good as a real technical pen, but without the fussiness of needing periodic disassembly and cleaning. And much less expensive than a seven-pen Staedtler or Koh-I-Noor technical set.

There were lots more pens of all kinds back then, as digital design and CAD were in their infancy.

2 Likes

Are these the same pens?

7 Likes

for a more writing oriented model, check out the PN line: https://sakuraofamerica.com/pigmamicronpn
it has a more conical, more durable plastic tip that allows for more variability when writing.

1 Like

also great for panel lining your gundam models

3 Likes

I do lettering artwork (graphic design stuff) and use this line of pens for most of it. Nine bucks is a decent deal for a set of six.

3 Likes

Aye, looks like it to me.

3 Likes

While I’ve begun to experiment more with brush pens from Japan for a less formal appearance to the lines, I’ve used Microns for years upon years for all my comic illustration style work. The consistency of a Rapidograph without the plotter or the broken wrist.

1 Like