This Sesame Street song made me cry

I didn’t remember the animation but the “loaf of bread, container of milk, and stick of butter” has always stuck with me.

12 Likes

bern

P.S. post-video-twice: goosebumps

1 Like

Nope, though I liked that one too (which incidentally reminds me of Space Ghost Coast to Coast’s Brak going to buy milk).

The one I’m thinking of was very early, and live-action. I think it was filmed in a bodega in NYC by the feel of it, and was narrated by a couple of girls who may have been latina.

1 Like

You got two with that.

I was going to post that if someone hadn’t already done so. So I’ll post this instead:

8 Likes

I will never forget this methinks.

1 Like

This Sesame Street film stirs my heart every time I see it.

Yesterday I lucked into hearing the music in the car while listening to the classical music station, so now I can download the music and share the video with you. Antonio Vivaldi’s Guitar Concerto in D, Adagio:

7 Likes

Sesame Street when it was creative. (Second minute in Spanish.)

11 Likes

And inclusive…

3 Likes

I blame this song for my reliance on spaceships from outer space to solve my problems.

7 Likes

Thank you, squared.

Me too, brother!

And I think I figured it out, so please check my analysis: Minor in Psychology engaged: this video speaks to our ego, our desire to shine in the face of scrutiny, to be proud of who we are, to be shiny…

I see this in real-world actuation as leading by example or not. You either are the “I”, you aspire to be, or you’re just not.

I try to be the “I”.

analysis over

1 Like

See, the method works!

7 Likes

Yeah, but I needed a danish, Diet Dr Pepper, and cottage cheese. :frowning:

10 Likes

I don’t understand. Could someone explain why this is so moving to so many people? What am I missing?

5 Likes

Did you grow up rich or poor?

I want to learn to play this on guitar…

1 Like

Maybe better question: with siblings or without? 3 siblings here (grew up middle class), and it didn’t do anything for me either.

4 Likes

Did you eat everyday? See a parent everyday?

P.S. I liked your video submission…