This Simpsons parody of Death Note is peak Treehouse of Horror

Originally published at: This Simpsons parody of Death Note is peak Treehouse of Horror | Boing Boing

5 Likes

Agh! The Treehouse of Terror was right! Lisa has got four fingers and a thumb on each hand!

9 Likes

Wait - the Treehouse of Horror this year was a big retelling of IT. Was this from a previous year and I missed it?

Ohhhh! I googled it. It says the IT episode was a “bonus” one, and XXXIII is going to be an anthology one!

1 Like

Gender Reveal Napalm. Oh, god! They’ll be selling this soon!

6 Likes

This Simpsons parody of Death Note is peak Treehouse of Horror

It is 2022; why on Earth are we still getting overly-hyped about trailers?

I recently saw a clip from “Into the Homer-verse” from Treehouse of Horror XXXI and thought I would check it out. Then I realized I had watched it some time ago and managed to completely forget almost every bit of it. One could say the same for a lot of the high-concept Treehouse of Horror bits in recent years, like “Coralisa” from Treehouse of Horror XXVIII. My expectations are very low.

I was just watching a clip from the clerks cartoon where they did a parody of anime style (the idea was the Korean animation studio finished the episode without direction) and was kinda shocked how terrible design wise and kinda racist it was. Americans sucked at trying to do anime 20 years ago. Just in terms of getting the look right this clip nailed it. They obviously hired an outside studio that is good at this rather than have their normal artists try to do their bad version of anime. Which is a very good thing.

1 Like

They hired the people who animated Death Note.

3 Likes

Awesome! Looks perfect!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.