This single potato chip costs $11

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/10/19/this-single-potato-chip-costs.html

3 Likes

Funny. They kind of look like Pringles too. Let’s hope they aren’t made the same way Pringles are (which are basically stamped and molded from sheets of potato flakes).

(Yes, I know, it’s off-brand Pringles but it’s the same principle):

Now I’m hungry. Thanks, @pesco.

8 Likes

WTF!

writing down here because I have to

6 Likes

That is a beautiful chip.

5 Likes

Oh well, there are always Pringles.

…which are, technically, hyperbolic paraboloid potato crisps.

8 Likes

I dunno tho…the problem with using supposedly high grade ingredients (does truffle kelp even taste good?) is that it no more guarantees a superior chip than say…MSG and potatoes from a landfill.

6 Likes

Is this where I confess that I actually kinda like Pringles?

11 Likes

Fine by me. I love 'em. Get in between me and a tube of those cheeseburger flavour ones at your own risk.

5 Likes

8 Likes

Plain only for me, thanks. I can only take so much artificialness at once.

6 Likes

Seems like a fair division to me. :thumbsup:

1 Like

These actually sound like a pretty good idea. Mushrooms, onion, dill, and several umami bombs on a potato chip. Kind of makes me wonder why something similar hasn’t been tried by existing chip companies. I’d buy the fuck out of mushroom and onion chips. Google says they exist, but only in Eastern Europe.

4 Likes

‘The potato used to make your chips was named Lykke. This is a signed tintype of her with her birth certificate, her husband Ansgar, and her spuds Valda and Raaka. Lykke was ethically peeled using only the finest silver razor crafted by Swiss dwarves deep in the caves beneath Lake Geneva.’

22 Likes

That’s because they are Pringles. This is the final hipster trolley.

9 Likes

I think you underestimate the levels to which hipsterdom can descend.

6 Likes

Mr Pringles is already there.

10 Likes

you had me at MSG and…

3 Likes

I think they missed a comma. I don’t believe there is such a thing as “truffle seaweed”. Truffles are delicious mushrooms. Seaweed is loaded with glutimates, including msg.

The recipe here is a lot of umami, mushrooms and herbs.

9 Likes

Hey, at those prices, I can eat just one!

12 Likes

There was a tube of Pringles on our kitchen counter today. I opened it, removed one chip, ate it, closed the tube, and walked away with a powerful sense of achievement.

6 Likes