These Lithuanian penis-flavored potato chips can be yours for just $7

Originally published at: These Lithuanian penis-flavored potato chips can be yours for just $7 | Boing Boing

2 Likes

The bolding of cream and sour cream might be for people who have milk allergies, or are vegan or keep kosher(dick chips with meat are kosher, pussy chips with meat are not).

7 Likes

Bit salty.

5 Likes

Yes, it is an EU thing. There are 14 groups of common allergens that require highlighting, including all dairy products.

3 Likes

18+ to eat novelty chips?

Only sold behind the counter? Surely destined to end up in sex shops next to the penis pops, chocolate anuses, and sugar bras.

2 Likes

Huh. Not my kink, but there’s a chip for every ass I suppose. Or have they not released that flavor yet?

1 Like

I do not want to know what their dip flavors are.

2 Likes

:thinking:

1 Like

Interestingly enough rapeseed is becoming more popular due to the war in Ukraine.

2 Likes

Have sympathy for the Lithuanian quality assurance teams.

Let the “go eat a bag of dicks” jokes commence.

7 Likes

I’d taste them, but do I have to swallow?

2 Likes

One of my favorite things when traveling is to check out the snack food aisle in a supermarket and try some things we don’t get where I live. If I saw these, I would definitely get them, to try. And, it would be fun to compare to reality…
But it sounds like they won’t be stocked on supermarket shelves, so probably won’t happen.

3 Likes

Canola oil. Technically, not all rapeseed is canola oil, but I think for human consumption in the EU and US, it’s all canola oil. Like everything else, it’s a cabbage/mustard.

3 Likes

“I think it’s V-A-G-I-N … ah, fuck it, even if that’s not how you spell ‘vinegar’, it’s close enough. People will know what we mean.”

1 Like

Just got back from a super market. I saw these on the shelves next to all other chips, so good news?
If it wasn’t clear, yes, I’m in Lithuania.
Edit: They’ve been around for a while, but I see neither local adverts for them, nor people actually eating them. I wonder how long they’ll stick around.

7 Likes

I feel that saying you’re in the vicinity of these chips and not conducting a taste test is something of a chip-tease.

5 Likes

Honestly, I’m still working up courage to do that. They’ll either be perfectly bland, or plain awful.
Not saying anything about flavors of anatomical parts, just have very low expectations for these chips.

3 Likes

Will someone who has savoured Lithuanian dick report on its accuracy?

4 Likes

I find almost all artificially flavored chips just end up tasting like some variation on salt to me, so I agree I’d not expect much different from these.

I wonder if the BBS would sponsor a special badge for a brave taste-tester though…

5 Likes