This soft pet 'recovery collar' is fantastic

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/12/28/this-soft-pet-recovery-colla.html

2 Likes

Soft collars are great, how effective vs comfortable it is will vary greatly on the personality of your pet. There are basically three options: A hard collar, a soft one, or a vest. For my cat when he had a procedure some years ago the hard cone was too difficult for him because it kept banging into corners and jostling him around, with the soft collar you can even flip it toward the body and should still be effective.

Also for those interested in an alternative to the cone altogether here’s an example of the vest (i’ve never bought one so i can’t give opinions on how good they might be)

2 Likes

We took care of my boss’s young Golden Doodle for four months while he relocated the production part of our company. We loved her (miss her still) and she was very well-behaved. She did have a tendency to lick one paw raw (allergy, which was addressed), so we had to use the soft collar at night. I folded it back like a cape and it worked great.

Among dogs, this is known as the Cone of Shame.

2 Likes

got a soft collar for my dog when he broke his toe. it wouldn’t stay up and just flopped over his eyes. I used a hard collar during the day and the soft collar for when he slept.

Still appears to be functionally shameful!

1 Like
2 Likes

3 Likes

I LOVE our ZenCone! Our DVM discourages them, don’t know why, but it’s made several post-procedure runs with our Golden a comparable breeze.

1 Like

ever-since-i-went-to-the-vet-everything-has-been-loud-as-fuck

3 Likes
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.