This stop-motion short from 1933 is perfect nightmare fuel

Starewicz had a gift for getting motion-blur in there. In current times, only the Dragonslayer animators went through the trouble to achieve the same effect (but via “go motion”) and nailed the blur.

2 Likes

I’ll just leave this here

4 Likes

Those were done by this chap:
Rathergood - The Lair Of The Crab Of Ineffable Wisdom

What a marvellous word.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Thank you.

Have not seen or heard this before but my life is better now than it was before. Than you.

1 Like

You’re most welcome! It’s a wonderful old film :smiley:

I’ve been having movie nights with my mother who is English and she was commenting on Cary Grants American accent… didn’t know he was from there! (England)

Can you save me a google search and let me know the name and director of the moving picture show?

The detachable tail cum dance cane / limbo stick is an interesting take on anatomy as well…

1 Like

It’s called Only Angels Have Wings, and Howard Hawks directed.

1 Like

Thanks again!

Know the name, Hawks, but didn’t realise what all the fuss was about.

Coincidentally, had just watched ‘His Girl Friday’ with mum and was smacked in the face by the machine-gun dialogue in the court house press room (in a good way). The skill and craft of the opening tracking shot in the news room office certainly grabbed our attention…

Can’t think of a better way than to do a deep dive into the Howard Hawks worlds during our Covid lock-down!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.