This teddy bear is the hardest working waiter in Japan

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/01/10/this-teddy-bear-is-the-hardest.html

My 21 month daughter responds far better to her animal friends than me or her mother at this point. She’ll pretty much do anything they tell her to/help her do, including going potty, eating dinner, getting dressed, brushing teeth etc…so this is pretty much my life. I never thought to put “accomplish daily tasks as a non-puppet stuffed animal” on the old resume as a skill, but I guess if I ever find myself as an ex-pat in Japan…

6 Likes

“Why did you try to rob the bank, kid?”

“Teddy told me. Teddy said to give the lady the note and put the money in the bag and then we can go for ice cream…”

5 Likes

5 Likes

That is terribly adorable. I’d love some context, like… is this done on request for customers? Was the server just having a bit of fun with someone’s stuffed animal? Either way, it’s very endearing.

1 Like

This is Kagaya, an Izakaya in Tokyo.

A google image search will show you that this sort of behavior is fairly standard. For example, when I visited a few years ago we were asked when ordering drinks in which countries style we would like to have them served. Having chosen French, the owner returned with an easel and a beret, and proceeded to draw one of our party.

Highly recommended!

3 Likes

Yet another way to be served, Droogie.

1 Like

Jesus this place is exactly 850m from our hotel in Shiodome when we’re on our honeymoon in June so hopefully I can persuade the then wife to go there!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.