This ten second scene from Spider-Man took 156 tries to get right (video)

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/04/01/this-ten-second-scene-from-spider-man-took-156-tries-to-get-right-video.html

7 Likes

Related

Spoiler, they pull it off

8 Likes

What the heck? Studios are freaking weird.

The tone and pacing of that movie was darn near perfect. The only part I can think of that didn’t age well was when Peter threw a homophobic taunt at Bonesaw.

5 Likes

Man, and I thought that shot from Scott Pilgrim where it took Michael Cera over 30 takes to hit the trash can was a lot.

Oh, also there are these outtakes from Emmett Otter’s Jugband Christmas, where the scene is supposed to have a drum roll past Ma and Emmett into the street and off camera… and, well, it took them a while…

Note the Grover voice for Ma (as the voice actor recorded her voice in a studio).

6 Likes

11 Likes

Yep, that’s the bit.

Holds up pretty great otherwise though.

Not so fun fact - Macho Man was seriously injured during filming of this scene where he is thrown awkwardly onto his head - you can see it happen here.

After that though - his wrastlin career was pretty much done.

I can’t remember where, but I once read a thing about the making of a Muppet movie. From a recording studio, the author commented something like “When your lead vocals are handled by Gonzo, three chickens, and a passing Moose, it’s not going happen all in one take.”

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.