This TV commercial with happy naked people aired on Icelandic TV last night

That’s 6ºC not ºF in a country with average summer temperatures of 10ºC so pretty balmy if you’re a local. The clothing brand 66ºNorth had an advert that made me laugh a couple of years ago “Just north of Summer”.

7 Likes

I wasn’t built to live above the 49th parallel. Must be a homeostatic temperature thing.

4 Likes

I’m all for happy naked people! Good on them for producing this.

5 Likes

Move up north (or very south) and you will eventually acclimatize. Might take some year though.

3 Likes

I’m afraid to live below the 49th Parallel.

6 Likes

I mean, North America-wise I don’t blame you one bit. I could probably enjoy living in BC with that Pacific warmth.

2 Likes

We’re into Autumn right now - rain, fog, heavy overcast and sunshine (that just popped out as I’m typing).

2 Likes

Kiddohs end of school year thing was last night. There were … about 1,500 people there rammed in shoulder to shoulder, aged from young kids through to grandparents. I didn’t see a single mask. I also didn’t see any hint of anxiety or that this was maybe unsafe. Because it wasn’t.

Elimination is possible, and pays dividends.

3 Likes

Just one word: Shrinkage!

1 Like

Beaker, Muppets, Shrinkage

9 Likes

Leave no trace skid-marks. :wink:

3 Likes

You should see the clubbing folk of Reykjavík. That doesn’t stop them.

1 Like

And without helmets either. Irresponsible.

1 Like

This made me very happy and wistful.

And one phone was on their wrist; maybe this phone company is also smart enough to manage phone shrinkage as well. :wink:

2 Likes

I’m all for people not giving a rat’s ass about other people’s asses (or what’s in their pants).

But… I’ve seen people do some really deep scratching in the produce dept of a supermarket, and immediately changed the evening’s menu to use something not touched by Mr. “had to adjust” or Mr. “Why is my B-hole itchy?”… I don’t need people without pants in a place with food.

… and the woman on the bicycle wasn’t wearing a helmet! I’m all for body freedom, but you have to be sensible!

Sounds fine. 6c is still shorts weather in the Midwestern US, at least if the sun’s out.

2 Likes

Soon “wardrobe malfunction” will mean accidentally leaving clothing on!

I was at first sort of Barf! but then, I began to see their point. Especially when they showed the nude dancer. And the old folks in the swimming pool-I heard that Mr. Rogers swam naked. Mr. Rogers. Ring the respect bell. I do not feel that anyone in particular wants to see me nekkid, but I kind of can get the whole nudist movement thing.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.