This TV commercial with happy naked people aired on Icelandic TV last night

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/11/05/this-tv-commercial-with-happy-naked-people-aired-on-icelandic-tv-last-night.html

5 Likes

Kudos for body positivity, but it’s currently 6 ℃ in Reykjavík. :cold_face:

20 Likes

That’s what the Thelma Houston is for…

9 Likes

Watched the ad before I read the copy; assumed it was an ad for some kind of Apple Pay-like product. Like, you can go out with nothing but your smart watch because you don’t need anything else. I’m pleased to learn it was about body positivity!

15 Likes

And that will be noted by every guy appearing in the commercial :wink:

Also:

Meanwhile - in America:

Pearl clutching intensifies.

15 Likes

I can’t believe they’d show that on TV. Those people were riding scooters with no footwear and in wet conditions!

24 Likes

I, for one, watched this and immediately went out and did crimes with my penis, just like the forefathers warned us would happen.

15 Likes

Where do they keep their cell phones?

12 Likes

What an awesome message!

5 Likes

That’s great and all, but whose job is it to wipe down all the bus seats?

9 Likes

I don’t know about the pearl-clutching. These folks were a lot happier than the naked celebs on Comedy Central in the voting/ballot PSAs. Haven’t seen a lot of backlash about those ads, but I don’t watch conservative channels. :woman_shrugging:t4:

6 Likes

It’s odd to get these periodic reminders that there are still places in the world where nobody freaks out if you walk around in public with a fully exposed face.

18 Likes

10th-doc-not-it

7 Likes

I could weep from the beauty of it.
How we got to the ugly, punitive, self loathing condition we are in, in these “united” states, is heartbreaking.

8 Likes
11 Likes

Imagine what a commercial like this would do to a country where a wardrobe malfunction led to fines for indecency, blacklisting, and near-heart attacks for some TV viewers.

15 Likes

My world is a slightly nicer place today due to that post.

Many thanks. It’s truly appreciated.

8 Likes

This goes to show that Douglas Adams was ahead of his time:

12 Likes

I loved the ad, even once I found it was an ad for a phone company. The explanatory text actually brought tears to my eyes! What’s Iceland’s immigration policy?

5 Likes

Most of us who do nudist activities carry a small bag and, of course, a towel!

9 Likes