This union's out there bustin' its balls for youse

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/09/04/this-unions-out-there-bustin.html

5 Likes

I’d be happier if unions (specifically those representing transport workers for the most part) didn’t so consistently oppose safe-streets initiatives.

1 Like

were much stronger and more workers were represented.

17 Likes
8 Likes

It’s so goddamn easy to join, too. Just pay youse dues an put your John-hands-off-your-cock right dere on that line dere.

4 Likes

Well that, too. Safe streets and strong unions are not fundamentally incompatible, and both are worthwhile goals. Jeez.

3 Likes

So is the SEIU:

3 Likes

Dat wuz forkin’ bee-yoo-tee-ful, bub, just bee-yoo-teeful.

1 Like

Ha ha, very amusing. In Britain union organisers are usually characterised as having strong ee-ba-gum Northern accents, or else Sarf London Cockney-adjacent tones, like Peter Sellers in the “classic” anti-union film I’m Alright Jack, where the Union organiser is portrayed as a bloody-minded wrecker.
Here in New Zealand, our stereotype for unionists is usually a recently immigrated “Pom” (English person) with a Northern accent, who runs around stirring up “trouble” among the underclass (usually Māori or Polynesian) and is probably a communist. Very droll!
Such clichéd portrayal of worker’s representatives would of course be considered racist if unionists were a race, but since they’re not I’m sure this kind of thing will continue to belittle and suppress the workers for many years to come! Hurrah for the ruling class!

2 Likes

also proudly representin’ da haad-workin’ people of Big Bill Hell’s Cars an’ Winnebago Industries.

2 Likes

Winnebago Man turns 90 this December. I wonder how he’s feeling these days?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.