This unique nonstick cookware heats evenly and resists scratching

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/05/17/this-unique-nonstick-cookware.html

I don’t mind these advert posts but in what way is this ‘unique’?

3 Likes

You’ve really got to give up on the old stricture that “unique” is an absolute. All the cool kids say that things are “very unique” and we’re supposed to nod our heads and accept it; this is just the next step in that devolutionary process. This cookware is “unique”; it’s just not very unique.

4 Likes

It’s not even the uniquest cookware I’ve seen this year.

4 Likes

Q: How do you catch a unique bird?
A: Unique up on it.

Q: How do you catch a tame bird?
A: The tame way.

5 Likes

Fool me a thousand times, shame on me…

The pan you linked to is coated with titanium. These are instead coated with Granitec, which can only be found on Swiss periodic tables.

BTW, from the ad copy above:

Granitec […] has durability in spades, able to withstand abrasion by Scotch-Brite pads, steel balls and ballpoint pens in a battery of tests.

And from the Granitec website:

Under no circumstances should the objects be cleaned with the abrasive side of a rinsing sponge or with a metal scouring pad. The non-stick coating will be scratched, and can be destroyed.

But since they don’t say anything about ballpoint pens, I guess you can freely use your Biro to clean these pans,

2 Likes

The answer, of course, is found within the question—these pans are unique in that they’re being offered for sale to support boingboing :smiley:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.