This urologist has a perfect name

One has to ask: would he hit that?

as I’m shown briskly to the door…

I had a photography teacher named Mrs. Pooch. Not that that was particularly fitting or anything, just weird.

3 Likes

I used to have a dentist named Dr. Mangle.

1 Like

My dentist has nine fingers. I’ve yet to bring myself to ask if it was a work-related injury.

5 Likes

It was before that phrase was in common parlance, and he was older and married and she was younger and married and didn’t seem his type. Buuuuuuuuut, I dunno. I was in 7th grade. I didn’t know diddly squat back then.

Also here in Austin there’s an optometrist working for the wrong warehouse club. Dr. Kirkland at Sam’s Club.

2 Likes

Ann Arbor, MI, had a urologist named Dr. Dick Tapper.

And a long time ago, the Indianapolis Star reported on a mortuary owned by two families, the Eddy family and the Eikenberry family.
Yup: The Eikenberry-Eddy Funeral Home.

4 Likes

Yesterday, I drove by “Bonin Cemetery.” That is the perfect place to put a bone.

3 Likes

Are there any women’s names that are also the same as a synonym or euphemism for their business? Seems a shame if there aren’t.

I knew someone named Cooper, but she wasn’t in the business of making barrels, alas.

3 Likes

Makes me wonder if there’s a proctologist somewhere named Dr. Goldfinger.

2 Likes

Dammit, I’m going to run out of likes on this thread alone.

2 Likes

I know, I know, I’ve mentioned this before…

3 Likes

There is also an OB/GYN in Austin named Tara Cherry. Best name ever.

5 Likes

Hey, my old orthodontist was named Dr. Rencher. (He had a brother who did regular dentistry, too.)

My urologist is Dr. Watterson. Water’s On! HEYOOOO!

2 Likes

A neurologist at the hospital I used to work at: Dr. Nervi. An audiologist, Dr. Musiek. There was also an audiology tech named Audra. I used to call her Audraology but she didn’t like it. It didn’t get me very far.

3 Likes

Were you an Audraphile?

2 Likes

But alas, Audraology was not bananaphilic. That one got away. My skills got more, shall we say, slippery after that.

3 Likes

Peak amusing-urologist-names occurred in the late 90s, when pioneering surgeon, Dr. Long, taught Toronto’s Dr. Stubbs the art of penis enlargement. This is true.

http://www.canada.com/topics/bodyandhealth/story.html?id=f8168eb9-7206-48b0-b4b3-3efb3827a6d2

1 Like

The urologist that all my father-in-laws friends went to for vasectomies was named Dr Stopp.

3 Likes