This video of Disney Princesses being trans allies will bring tears to your eyes

Originally published at: This video of Disney Princesses being trans allies will bring tears to your eyes | Boing Boing

1 Like

Lovely. Disneyland has had a long reputation for being LGBTQ+ friendly but this consistent behaviour by the park’s princesses also ties it so deeply into the positive messages contained in the films.

21 Likes

This is a huge slice of awesome.

17 Likes

Damn I need a tissue. :smiling_face_with_tear: It’s so lovely to see this sort of acceptance and affirmation when the rest of society is so often extremely hostile to us.

15 Likes

In recent decades that’s been true. Sadly it wasn’t always the case. Same-sex dancing was banned there until 1985.

11 Likes

I wonder how many of their own cartoons broke that rule.

dancing

19 Likes

A heck of a lot, I’d reckon.

21 Likes

Epic! :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Gee THANKS for making my face a mess of tears right before I have to join a work meeting!!

Seriously though, I’m going to save this one for watching in moments I feel down.

11 Likes

Listening to green text that came off! Ok!
[Settles into watching people clean for the mentally ill, trying to decide what has been lost. [When I have time, I dunno.]]

2 Likes

I’ve been on the Internet for literally 31 years this month. When will I learn to not read the comments?

4 Likes

Present company excluded, of course! :hugs:

1 Like

Absolutely. I’m also fine with reading pro-trans threads in a subreddit specifically for other trans people! (Generalized LGBT subreddits are usually safe.)

2 Likes

Truly touching and uplifting. Thank you for sharing it.

#LGBTQ

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.