This Washington State Representative has been accused of domestic terrorism and won't step down

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/12/23/this-washington-state-represen.html

6 Likes

That he still has staff, an office with lights on, a parking space and access to the State House is INSANE.

Oh, that head shot of his, that’s terror right there.

30 Likes

Domestic Terrorism has always been White Nationalism, look and see how emboldened tRump Co. has made them, they clearly want all Americans to know what they are, Nazis.

37 Likes

Juxtapose this with conservatives saying Bernie Sanders’ campaign is antisemitic because he was endorsed by Ilhan Omar.

26 Likes

Article II, Section 9 of the State Constitution provides that the Legislature can expel a member on a vote of 2/3rd of that body of the Legislature. If the report just came out – and they don’t seem to reconvene until Jan 8 – they’re not going to call a special session to boot the guy, though I imagine they’ll boot the guy when they get back. (Dems have a 57/41 advantage in the House, they’d need 9 Republican votes and as the GOP caucus has already thrown him out and stripped him of committee assignments, there’s plenty more than 9 votes to be had).

“SECTION 9 RULES OF PROCEDURE. Each house may determine the rules of its own proceedings, punish for contempt and disorderly behavior, and, with the concurrence of two-thirds of all the members elected, expel a member, but no member shall be expelled a second time for the same offense.”

[ETA: Not to defend this ass clown, but I like this provision that you can’t be booted out for the same thing twice – if your constituents want you back after getting caught in an opium den with your cousin, then they can’t boot you twice for that same conduct. Democracy and all]

16 Likes

I hope he is expelled (and likely will be) but I hope even more that he is charged with treason and arrested.

21 Likes

Always nice to see the home town in the news… :roll_eyes:

Oh, they’ll put him right back, I can pretty much guarantee it.

11 Likes

Liked because I’m agreeing that you’re probably right, not because I like anything about you being right about that.

6 Likes

The hair! The horror! It’s just too neat!

4 Likes

Looks like he represents an area of the state near the KKK enclave part of northern Idaho. So, not surprising there’s some spillover from there?

8 Likes

Ain’t gonna happen. He’s been around for years, it’s no secret he’s a white nationalist.

Basically the only major city East of the cascades is Spokane, and they’ll vote for anyone who claims to be against the city slickers on the Sound. Basically a bunch of neoliberal Enlightened CentristTM Democrats in the state house think having this guy around is a Good Compromise. Otherwise the hayseeds out in BF nowhere who make up roughly 1% of the state human population but account for 99% of our steers might figure out how to vote for someone even worse.

I can’t imagine who.

10 Likes

He wants part of Washington, part of Idaho to be a new state, Liberty. The usual Whitey Fortress enclave idea.

14 Likes

We didn’t even get Aldrich Ames or Richard Hanssen for treason, I doubt any prosecutor is going to go there on this clown.

1 Like

Cliven Bundy, the Mormon extremist who lead a face-off with the government

Sorry to be that guy, but that should be “led a face-off”. That’s a tricky one, because the metal “lead” is spelled like the present tense of the verb “lead” (though they have different pronunciations), and it’s pronounced like the past-tense form we want here.

Who designed this language!? Sheesh!

12 Likes

Unfortunately, the only invasive species you’re not allowed to transport across state lines out here is apple maggots.

9 Likes

Certainly seems to be the archetype of Trump’s Christian supporters

8 Likes

My first thought was about how he got elected in the first place, so thanks for clearing that up.

3 Likes

They need to confiscate his firearms under the red flag law.

He should also be in the TSA no fly list.

21 Likes

What? Not Galt’s Gulch?

8 Likes

Sedition, perhaps?

The amazing thing here is if he wasn’t white and/or Christian, there’s no doubt he’d already be in jail.

I red your comment and agree wholeheartedly.

19 Likes