This woman has Elon Musk's old phone number and gets calls and texts meant for him. A lot

In any busy area code where the free number pool is small, that nominal fee will be the usual monthly rate.

2 Likes

Easily within Elon’s means I suspect.

1 Like

I seriously don’t understand why anyone should give a flying fuck about this. Somebody please enlighten me.

I found myself genuinely relieved when his response wasn’t to publicly accuse her of being a child molester.

6 Likes

There are some things that money can’t buy.

Having the phone number attached to the 2FA security of someone with very valuable online info: priceless.

1 Like

Perhaps he means “out there” in the sense of people still having that number stored as his.

1 Like

I think it’s some sort of deflection strategy.
They give the gripers a couple of easy targets to vent their spleen; in the hope that this will reduce the number of critical comments on the stuff in the BoingBoingShop.

“YOU FOOL, WARREN Elon IS DEAD!”

1 Like

What makes it extra fun is that Elon is known for making crazy statements so you can go pretty far before anyone gets suspicious. Having the number of someone like Bill Gates wouldn’t be nearly as fun.

1 Like

“Am thinking of relocating Tesla factory to Mars.”

1 Like

Unless your idea of fun is to play up the QAnon conspiracies theories about COVID-19 and vaccines. (See also: “Watch the world burn”)

In my haste, I missed that angle. Thanks for the enlightenment, @GagHalfrunt. But still, persistence, even in other people’s contact list, is a thing, especially if you’re rich and famous.

An interview with Lyndsay Tucker:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.